AHEM, meet lindsay

erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited July 28, 2008 in People
I had a photo shoot with this young lady, and for the first time I feel great about a shot on here. That being said, I'm most likely wrong. Please, let me know what you think.

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    The bright light on her chest is attractively distracting. :D

I am not too sure about the pose, either. hmmmm..
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Boy, she deserves great light, that's for sure! This seems really hot (no pun intended :D ) and slightly soft. That being said, I like the set-up pose. However, I would have cleared the clutter out somehow w/ a slighlty different camera angle and some good composition/crop work. Keep at it, she's a pleasing subject to shoot, I imagine.
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    Boy, she deserves great light, that's for sure! This seems really hot (no pun intended :D ) and slightly soft. That being said, I like the set-up pose. However, I would have cleared the clutter out somehow w/ a slighlty different camera angle and some good composition/crop work. Keep at it, she's a pleasing subject to shoot, I imagine.
    Hoestly, everything I post here looks fuzzy. I have to put the quality at about half of what it really is to maintain a file that is large enough to view, put small enough to let me pass when I upload from my J-peg. As for the hot light, i was actually trying to do that, I wanted her bathed in it sort of speak. I may have did that a touch much-but it is sharp as a tack viewed originally.
  • erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    I have three different crops of this same shot...here's another, whatcha think?
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    +
    • pretty model
    • great environment
    -
    • lighting is waaaaay too hot on the chest area
    • nuclear skin (WB!)
    • image is very soft
    • the pose, while intended to be appealing and sexy, looks very unnatural, model seems to be very tense
    • wide angle lens almost never flatters the female model unless used on specifically weird angles
    • very top of the image (with the pier base) needs to be cropped out
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    +
    • pretty model
    • great environment
    -
    • lighting is waaaaay too hot on the chest area
    • nuclear skin (WB!)
    • image is very soft
    • the pose, while intended to be appealing and sexy, looks very unnatural, model seems to be very tense
    • wide angle lens almost never faltters the female model unless used on specifically weird angles
    • very top of the image (with the pier base) needs to be cropped out

15524779-Ti.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    the picture is making my back hurt. More of her and less distracting background would have worked well IMO.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • searching the soulsearching the soul Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    helpful hints
    I would be careful on any crop that dismembers someone . I would personally not crop off her hands .
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    erson83 wrote:
    Hoestly, everything I post here looks fuzzy. I have to put the quality at about half of what it really is to maintain a file that is large enough to view, put small enough to let me pass when I upload from my J-peg. As for the hot light, i was actually trying to do that, I wanted her bathed in it sort of speak. I may have did that a touch much-but it is sharp as a tack viewed originally.
    The softness of the image may be the result of the compression that attached images suffer during the posting process. A much better way to include images is to host them somewhere and embed image links in your posts - see this tute for a SmugMug centric way to do it. You can host anywhere, just surround the URL to the photo with the "img" and "/img" tags as indicated below:
    [*img]http://host/filename.jpg[*/img]

The "*" character is needed here to cause the code to show, you need to make sure you don't include it in your posting code.

As for the first photo - I have to agree with comments from Nik on all counts.