2B Or Not 2B

SassyShotsSassyShots Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited July 28, 2008 in Holy Macro
I haven't done a lot of Macro's, and I don't even know if these qualify, but would like CC on how to improve. I'm enjoying all of the new little bugs that I'm finding :rofl

After posting I can see that a lot of the B isn't in focus. I do not have the best lens, Sigma 70-300, so I'm not even sure if it's possible to get "great" shots.
IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg
Debi
Canon 40D

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Not bad Debi- I used to use that lens and know how hard it is to use at the macro end (around 300mm). It's actually easier to use at the 70mm end with a full set of kenko ext tubes- that also gives you true 1:1 macro capability
  • SassyShotsSassyShots Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Not bad Debi- I used to use that lens and know how hard it is to use at the macro end (around 300mm). It's actually easier to use at the 70mm end with a full set of kenko ext tubes- that also gives you true 1:1 macro capability

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I wish I could just run out and buy a new lens :D I would have to read up on how to use an ext tube. I've seen shots of others who have used them, but I have no idea how to. Might be fun checking into though.
    Debi
    Canon 40D
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Not 2B, just one lol3.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I think you're onto something here, just haven't quite nailed it. I like your choise of subject and the comps are good. You can produce images with good focus, the third shows that. I think the pictures might benefit from a bit more colour, and maybe some sharpening. If you can work with a smaller aperture for more depth of field, you might want to give it a try thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited July 28, 2008
    nice shots Debi, #3 best for sharpness.
    very good exposure,black against white always difficult.
    you will never have all your subject in focus, dont worry about that. but always make sure the eyes are in focus.
    definetly get some kenco ex tubes, makes all the difference increasing the magnification,we all use them with macro lenses as well as longer zooms.
    keep practising,shoot loads of frames you will always get some that are focused right.
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    SassyShots wrote:
    I haven't done a lot of Macro's, and I don't even know if these qualify, but would like CC on how to improve. I'm enjoying all of the new little bugs that I'm finding rolleyes1.gif

After posting I can see that a lot of the B isn't in focus. I do not have the best lens, Sigma 70-300, so I'm not even sure if it's possible to get "great" shots.

Hi Sassy I see lots of folks have already given you good advice.
    It's always fun to experiement, the extention tubes are so useful,
    they will always come in handy even if you change lenses.

You'll get there thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin