Options

Deciduous trees...

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited April 23, 2005 in Holy Macro
While dormant, sometimes create the most beautiful effects with they're skeleton like structures.

amightytrees4jo.jpg

bobgnarly45cq.jpg

bobgnarly28aa.jpg

AJ

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Interesting Look
    MuskyDude wrote:
    While dormant, sometimes create the most beautiful effects with they're skeleton like structures.

AJ
    How neat!
    They turned out pretty darn good didn't they.....they are very interesting in their design, one looking like a basket weave...... good capture on your part :D

Thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    How neat!
    They turned out pretty darn good didn't they.....they are very interesting in their design, one looking like a basket weave...... good capture on your part :D

Thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks Skippy!

Ya know, there are about a million things I'd rather shoot than leaf-less trees, but every challenge is an opportunity and I tried to make the best out of nothing. ne_nau.gif Thanks for commenting!

AJ
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 22, 2005
    I like #2 more. Have you considered a B/W version? thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I like #2 more. Have you considered a B/W version? thumb.gif
    Hi Angelo,

Thanks and yes I have tried and what happens (to my eyes anyways) is that nice contrast between the blue sky and branches is lost. It just comes across as flat...ne_nau.gif

But thanks for the suggestion. :): I know that there really isn't anything great in these shots, just interesting elements. And thats ok. thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    I'm in love with the last one. the skeletons of trees are one of the saving graces of Winter.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    I left the house yesterday with every intention of shooting trees for the challenge. First I played with the egrets, then I found the kite surfers. Never got to trees. Saw a real egret and didn't stop.

I love your trees, I am so bad at trees. My approach was going to be different. Would have to be, our trees have their leaves back.........or they are dead.

But to do what you did, I will try sometime because I really like it, I have never successfully made into art diciduous trees. Or much of any tree for that matter. Bought a magazine on photographing trees. Bought it last night. Didn't look at it yet.

I think yours are fantastic!!!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2005
    I'm in love with the last one. the skeletons of trees are one of the saving graces of Winter.
    Thanks Tanna. And thank goodness for that...

AJ
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I left the house yesterday with every intention of shooting trees for the challenge. First I played with the egrets, then I found the kite surfers. Never got to trees. Saw a real egret and didn't stop.

I love your trees, I am so bad at trees. My approach was going to be different. Would have to be, our trees have their leaves back.........or they are dead.

But to do what you did, I will try sometime because I really like it, I have never successfully made into art diciduous trees. Or much of any tree for that matter. Bought a magazine on photographing trees. Bought it last night. Didn't look at it yet.

I think yours are fantastic!!!

ginger
    Why thank you Ginger. I think one thing about getting good tree shots is in how you approach the shot... I also think it helps if you're a bit insane or crazy, like myself for instance. thumb.gif For these I thought I'd try something new; I pretended I was "Treebeard" from the lord of the rings looking for his lost wife and each tree I approached I was like "Hey babyiloveyou.gif " and I took they're pictures. ne_nau.gif

Hey whatever works, point is try a something different, you never know it just might work.clap.gif

AJ