Ancient Fire Hydrant in the Woods!

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited July 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
In case my other posting was real! Smokey Alert!

340581565_ptJDg-L.jpg

340583943_rjcGw-L.jpg

C&C Welcome,

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I'm guessing the color balance is off in at least one, if not both, of the photos, simply because they don't match up color wise.

And I'm guessing you used the onboard flash because it looks odd on the second photo. Maybe slow down the shutter speed to let ina little more ambient light.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Mnemosyne wrote:
    I'm guessing the color balance is off in at least one, if not both, of the photos, simply because they don't match up color wise.

And I'm guessing you used the onboard flash because it looks odd on the second photo. Maybe slow down the shutter speed to let ina little more ambient light.
    There was an of WB and WB mismatch in PP. They are both have a slight vignette applied. Tis is some miles away, so next chance I get to reshoot will likely be under different circumstances.

Thanks for looking.

I re-did them.

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I like the first shot better then the second. But this begs the question, 'Why is there a fire hydrent in the middle of the woods?'
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I like the first shot better then the second. But this begs the question, 'Why is there a fire hydrent in the middle of the woods?'
    It is not at all far from the center of a township. This was mostly farm land through a couple centuries. Though it is woods now, there may have been part of a large farm. There is a very large ornate barn on the next property over that this may have once gone with.ne_nau.gif

Don
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Perhaps not a fire hydrant but part of an old irrigation system, or perhaps a well head? Interesting.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • polartownjunkiepolartownjunkie Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    i havent ever seen that
    since the origin of matter is matter
    shiny new thoughts are recycled clatter

down to my cell phone shooter,
    anyone have a decent early SD card digtal for grabs?

a doomed love