Eyes?

KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited July 28, 2008 in People
How do you get the eyes to stand out so much? I put my focus dot on the one of the eyes, and still don't come out with results like I want. They look clear and not blurry, but still..... Is it processing that makes them look really good? :scratch or
~Katie~
:barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
2 Canon 14-55mm
Canon 55-250mm f4.0
Canon 580EX
Canon 580EX II

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Hello i do dogdeing and burning in photoshop to make them bright. If you have green or blue eyes as mostly i see of Americans or Europeans you can also use Sponge tool to boost saturation in eyes.

255443523_SZ5Jq-M.jpg

Sorry for stupid watermark i am these days creating alternative
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Hello i do dogdeing and burning in photoshop to make them bright. If you have green or blue eyes as mostly i see of Americans or Europeans you can also use Sponge tool to boost saturation in eyes.

Sorry for stupid watermark i am these days creating alternative

What did you do to get the light in the eyes like that? Or is that reflection?
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    What did you do to get the light in the eyes like that? Or is that reflection?

That day light was very diffused due to bright white clouds, Girl was looking upwards that is reflection of sky and clouds and me in middle of eye.

Dodge tool opacity = 10 or 15, Range Highlight
    Brush = Soft

Burn eye lashes and eye brows and dark areas of eye.

change opacity etc according to your taste
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    How do you get the eyes to stand out so much? I put my focus dot on the one of the eyes, and still don't come out with results like I want. They look clear and not blurry, but still..... Is it processing that makes them look really good? headscratch.gif or
    I guess you're talking about catchlights... They are very hard to introduce in post, you need to provide the real thing. Essentially, there must be a distinctive fairly large light source. It can be a window, or a piece of sky visible bewteen the tall buildings, or your own flash (on or off camera). It should be bright enough to be visible, not too small (otherwise it'll be only a tiny speck) yet not too large (otherwise the whole area will be bright and it won't stand out, like a whole open sky).
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited July 28, 2008
    That day light was very diffused due to bright white clouds, Girl was looking upwards that is reflection of sky and clouds and me in middle of eye.

Dodge tool opacity = 10 or 15, Range Highlight
    Brush = Soft

Burn eye lashes and eye brows and dark areas of eye.

change opacity etc according to your taste

Thanks!
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
    edited July 28, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    I guess you're talking about catchlights... They are very hard to introduce in post, you need to provide the real thing. Essentially, there must be a distinctive fairly large light source. It can be a window, or a piece of sky visible bewteen the tall buildings, or your own flash (on or off camera). It should be bright enough to be visible, not too small (otherwise it'll be only a tiny speck) yet not too large (otherwise the whole area will be bright and it won't stand out, like a whole open sky).
    HTH

It does, hopefully I can process eyes and not over process
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    It really is all about the light (not to sound too cliche). Finding/making the best light for the eyes is my constant quest!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography