Family Photo Shoot

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited July 29, 2008 in People
One from last night's family photo shoot, comments or improvements welcomed:

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    This is fun! One improvement that would help vastly is to straighten the photo to match the bench. Another thing if you could pull it off pp is to pull grandpa's pantleg down. I was pretty distracted with it tucked up from crossing legs.
    edited July 28, 2008
    Better?
    [url="
    edited July 28, 2008
    Better (2)?
    n
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2008
    I suggest putting the woman on the right to the third spot from the left since she is the tallest.

What did you ask them to do in the #2 shot?
    Relax and have fun?

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
    edited July 28, 2008
    I suggest putting the woman on the right to the third spot from the left since she is the tallest.

What did you ask them to do in the #2 shot?
    Relax and have fun?

Z
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 28, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    One from last night's family photo shoot, comments or improvements welcomed:

340075029_yCGb5-M.jpg

Z

Nice looking family, George. Maybe a little more room around the edge, but this is a nit, not a big deal.

I usually do a bit of a vignette to darken the edges of the image somewhat. I might consider that here.

I think I would use a soft brush with black ink, and do an overlay blend at about 16% or so, along the bench and their blue jeans, to darken them just a bit also. One's eye tends to go to the brighter areas, and darkening the jeans and bench will help keep the viewer's eye on their faces, perhaps.

I think of lighting, like a stage director. They do not spotlight the feet, unless there is a very specific need.:D

You last shot looks great. Family photos can be a lot of fun - just feed everyone a few glasses of wine first.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Oh yeah, that is lots better. thumb.gif You did a pretty good job on the pantleg pull too!
    Oh, and listen to pathfinder. He knows whats what. thumb.gif