Pere Lachaise Museum in Paris, last stop of Chopin and Jim Morrison of The Doors

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited August 6, 2008 in Landscapes
My girlfriend made me go, but I was glad she did because it's one of the most interesting places in Paris, and the 3rd most visited after the Tower and the Louvre - Hundreds of familiar greats of history. Americans know Chopin and Jim Morrison of The Doors best. Any preference between the versions?

341246660_QbDCv-XL.jpg

295698251_r8rqe-XL-3.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback :D

John Brody
Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Hi John, thanks for posting these!

When I was in Paris, my sister dragged me to this exact same place and like you I was initially less than thrilled. What we found there was really fascinating (despite the rain) so I also am glad that I got to see it.

The main difference I'm seeing between the two is more highlight details in the first. Is this what you were going after?

I like it. Brings back lots of memories and is a very peaceful and serene capture of a busy place. thumb.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    i guess i dont see much difference between the two...so i will just say i like #1.

very good capture of a moodynessesses.:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    nice i like the 1st one most
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Thanks for your note
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi John, thanks for posting these!

When I was in Paris, my sister dragged me to this exact same place and like you I was initially less than thrilled. What we found there was really fascinating (despite the rain) so I also am glad that I got to see it.

The main difference I'm seeing between the two is more highlight details in the first. Is this what you were going after?

I like it. Brings back lots of memories and is a very peaceful and serene capture of a busy place. thumb.gif

I just ran through a series you posted and liked your work particularly well so I value your comment. It's very strange seeing The Doors' Jim Morrison a few feet from Chopin, Deleroix and Marcel Marceau. A beautiful area of the city also...

Hmm... I just realized that there's no way for me to be sure that you read this or know that I've sent it, or are you notified some way.... Does anybody know? I'm new to this forum. All advice appreciated.

Thanks for your feedback, John Brody
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 29, 2008
    nice i like the 1st one most

Thanks Awais. I got the shot with a $200 Canon point and shoot on a trip 4 years ago (before I bought my new Canon 40D and L series lenses) and just discovered it in my "old Pics" pile. It's funny because I like it as much as some of the shots I get with the newer unit... composition I think.

I think I like the 1st one best myself, but not sure - a little more contrast between the stone streets and the crypts.

Take care, John Brody
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    I couldn't get anyone to go with me, and I was excited to go. Being an English nut, I was excited to se the tomb of Abelard and Heloise plus the resting places of Oscar Wilde and Marcel Proust. Wilde's stone has a tradition, and a funny bit of history about a broken bit of it, which is fascinating and weird to witness.

Your images immediately made me remember my journey. thumb.gif I prefer the first as it holds more detail. I'm not a fan of the glow effect on #2.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    Brody wrote:
    Hmm... I just realized that there's no way for me to be sure that you read this or know that I've sent it, or are you notified some way.... Does anybody know? I'm new to this forum. All advice appreciated.

lol3.gif You can get notifications when someone responds to a thread that you're subscribed to, but yes I do read every post that goes through the Landscapes forum.

Thanks for your kind words as well! Hope to see more from you, from Paris or otherwise. thumb.gif
  • 8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    great, the black and white works perfectlyhere, I like the seconde version better for showing more of the mausoleums, I am going there in two weeks and that cemetery is on the top of my list, specially because the Mexican Dictator Porfirio Díaz is buried there, very important historical figure of my country.
    edited July 31, 2008
    8zil wrote:
    great, the black and white works perfectlyhere, I like the seconde version better for showing more of the mausoleums, I am going there in two weeks and that cemetery is on the top of my list, specially because the Mexican Dictator Porfirio Díaz is buried there, very important historical figure of my country.

Read this Wikipedia article first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A8re_Lachaise_Cemetery

I wish I had read the article, and the list of people located there, before I went - There are several hundred historical figures there and you can pick out your favorites and pay your respects.... It's amazing the feeling of history you get.

Thanks, John
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Really nice shot and a great choice for a B&W. I prefer the first FWIW.