A Planned Outdoor Summer Shoot So Of Course There Was A Rainstorm

BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in People
Planned to be an elegant "implied" shoot at an outdoor location, we ended up trapped in a doorway alcove for two hours while an inch of rain came down. We shot no more than 4 feet apart, very little light, and off the shoulder clothing became multi-layers and a hood. Actually a fun shoot though.

307213073_s2HRE-XL.jpg

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :D

John Brody
Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    This girl is absolutely gorgeous but the photo is not very sharp. Would like to see a sharper version and some work done to the eyes
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    This girl is absolutely gorgeous but the photo is not very sharp. Would like to see a sharper version and some work done to the eyes

I agree on the sharpness on the one above - It's a soft focus version she liked, and so do I for that matter, but you seem to be looking for 'au natuale'. The best I have is below and it's still not really 'sharp'. I mentioned that all images that day, a few hundred, were unexpectedly having to be shot during a thunderstorm hiding in a tiny dark alcove, so the ISO was 100 and the f-stop 1.8 so there was no depth of field, and in most pics, if one eye was in focus, the other one, plus eyebrows and other features were fading - just no light, but I still like the image, the composition probably - To each their own i guess.

341351271_KVkbi-XL.jpg

Thanks for your feedback,

John Brody
    Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Just one suggestion....
    I only have one minor suggestion. And, it's something that I've had to fix on my own shots once I back off and look at them. In my opinion, the whites of the eyes are over processed. Whiten, but don't make white...maybe it should be stated as a lightening process rather than whitening. If you do, the eyes look, well kinda synthetic...as the white over powers the iris.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed