various abandonments in Europe

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited August 9, 2008 in Landscapes
haven't posted anything on here in a while, nor have i been taking a lot of photos recently, that whole 'life thing' has been getting in the way...

back at the end of April i took off to Europe for a 12 day trip across Belgium, The Netherlands, and Germany. along the way i met up with a few friends and got to see some abandonments. here are a few of the highlights:

a steel mill somewhere in germany

help prevent accidents!
helft.jpg

the blue chair
blue-chair.jpg

scary artwork
figure.jpg

dirty sink
dirty-sink.jpg

Gestrahlt
gestrahlt.jpg

an abandoned village in Belgium

bathroom
bathroom.jpg

dirty rag
dishcloth.jpg

kah-razy kitchen
kitchen.jpg

stairmaster
staircase.jpg

the wildest room ever
wild-room.jpg

me.
kts-mirror.jpg

a customs depot in belgium

chain bits
chains.jpg

box
box.jpg

empty
long-hallway.jpg

lockup
lockup.jpg

a flour factory in Germany

what's behind door number 3
door3.jpg

wheeeeeee!
slide2.jpg

steps n' stuff
steps+stuff.jpg

another steel mill in Germany

big
big.jpg

seeing red
colours.jpg

lift me up
boink.jpg

out of order
equipment.jpg

trailer trash
trailer.jpg

keep out
mill1.jpg

the D300 loves it some color. (ADR turned on, Vivid set to +1) I didn't tweak colors in Lightroom/CS3 on these shots.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    clap.gif

Kevin dude I haven't seen you in a while but you're lookin' good! I still get Rickrolled with your self-portraits.

I heard about this trip through the grapevine and am so glad to see the fruits of your travels. I'm very jealous. And I bet certain EU friends of mine are, too. :ivar

Your PP has come a long way (anything in LR not colors?), as has your photography. Keep it up!
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    clap.gif

Kevin dude I haven't seen you in a while but you're lookin' good! I still get Rickrolled with your self-portraits.

I heard about this trip through the grapevine and am so glad to see the fruits of your travels. I'm very jealous. And I bet certain EU friends of mine are, too. :ivar

Your PP has come a long way (anything in LR not colors?), as has your photography. Keep it up!

i saw on your 365ish and blog that you were in Amsterdam just after i was, small world.

i didn't get to see some of the things i thought i would during that trip but this trip was VERY last minute (i booked it less then 2 weeks before i left since the airfare was so cheap) and work was killing me, but the next one i'm going to plan out more w/ my contacts out there and then REALLY see some stuff. :)

thanks about the photo comments. :) i have some more stuff to post, i guess i'm getting OK at the whole photo thing. i finally got my macbook and CS3 + Lightroom which has made a HUGE difference. i still only use maybe 2% of CS3/Lightroom, mostly use Lightroom to import + catalog, but I do tweak exposure and curves, etc as needed in Lightroom and then use CS3 for resizing, sharpening, border, etc. just been too busy to really experiment but hopefully soon i can play with it more.

anyway cliffnotes to that, most of my post processing is just straightening, sharpening, and resizing.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    These are great !! thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    My fav by far....the Dirty Sink! The texture is amazing! The crop is even better! Wonderful image!
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    The dirty sink is awesome! Please tell me you tried the slide!
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    My fav by far....the Dirty Sink! The texture is amazing! The crop is even better! Wonderful image!

Thanks! I smiled when I walked into the room that sink was in, I figured it would make for some nice photos. :)

I currently have that in a folder to upload along with a bunch of other stuff to get prints made to hang up in my house.
    cj99si wrote:
    The dirty sink is awesome! Please tell me you tried the slide!

But of course! It was a fun, if rusty, ride. :)
  • snowalkersnowalker Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    yep
    amazing trip huh? congrats for shots! :)