Ideas for 2.5 Entries?

SwintonianSwintonian Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited July 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am looking for opinions and advice on my interpretation of the 2.5 Theme - Primary or Pastel. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
341588134_GzPZp-L.jpg
341588038_zT5HX-L.jpg
3A.
341594206_JJ5jX-L.jpg
3B.
341594064_M9EeY-L.jpg
4A.
341588227_uiWWG-L.jpg
4B.
341600247_wvf6v-L.jpg
5A.
341587805_eKTkQ-L.jpg

5B.
341604674_fzYuP-L.jpg
Do any of the above seem to work better for you than others? I am undecided on a few...

Thanks!

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 29, 2008
    Well if its just the color your thinking about....the 5a stand out as interesting and nice color that pops. I am going to be brutally honest here...one thing I have discovered from these competitions is that you really have to crank up the wow factor. A picture of an object in the center of the image is not going to get that wow. Once the big guns in the group pull out their show stoppers you will know what I mean. Gotta think outside the box. JMO.

Your lighting on all these are great though!
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Well if its just the color your thinking about....the 5a stand out as interesting and nice color that pops. I am going to be brutally honest here...one thing I have discovered from these competitions is that you really have to crank up the wow factor. I pic of an object in the center of the image is not going to get that wow. Once the big guns in the group pull out their show stoppers you will know what I mean. Gotta think outside the box. JMO.

Your lighting on all these are great though!

15524779-Ti.gif

3a and 5a are the best out of this set IMO
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    headscratch.gif I'm drawn toward #1. But I'd also like to see a version of it with a bit more saturation and contrast.
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    I like 3a. I think it is very strong.
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    #1 and #3A have the best possibilities of the available options. If you are wishing to continue on this line of using Kisses here are some things to consider:

1. I keep noticing the texture of the paper or what ever you are using for the white background. That detracts a bit IMO and would be a stronger image if you could achieve pure white BG.

2. Most of the shots were a little hot, and also lacked saturation and contrast (as richtersl said).

3. Macro type shots greatly magnify any blemishes or unsightliness about a subject. In this case, you may want to spend some time smoothing out the chocolate before the shot (taking it out of the package and rubbing it smooth with warmed hands, etc.).

4. I like #1 the best purely because the wrapping is opened in an interesting shape, spend some time playing and see if you can come up with something really cool ... maybe something origami like with the chocolate inside it :)
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    All I can think about when I see these photos is that I love the smell of napalm in the morning.