Cost of calibrating lens to body

Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in Cameras
Any idea of what it would cost to have Canon calibrate my 24-105 to my Mk2n?
You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited July 30, 2008
    Any idea of what it would cost to have Canon calibrate my 24-105 to my Mk2n?

If you are a member of CPS, I believe that service is nominal cost to free, especially if they just have to tweak the rear elements. If you are under warranty it should be free, unless there is evidence of severe abuse.

Worst-case-scenario of not a member of CPS and not under warranty, and they have to disassemble the lens, seems to be around $150-$200USD where they calibrate 1 lens to 1 body. If they have to calibrate both lens and body I suppose it could be more.

The most expensive I have heard of, with multiple Canon pro lenses to multiple Canon pro bodies (and this person does this on a regular basis) is $550-$600.

Canon is free to charge whatever "they" want however, so these are not firm Canon prices.

(Canon is also not very good about quoting prices before they see your equipment, so you really are better off sending the equipment to Canon with a note to call for authorization from you before $xxx repairs or adjustments.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Thanks, Ziggy. Out of warranty, and never joined CPS. Guess I should.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso