breakdancing

8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 31, 2008 in People
the other week I went to an international breakdancing contest that took place here in Holland and snapped these pictures, it was nice because I got to be very close to the dancers:

2683101327_b7fbb0051a.jpg

2683924130_9dd6a698f5.jpg

2683929956_79bb4c9757.jpg

2683936326_b091906125.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    #1,3 Shots of a cool subject. I'm curious about your shutter speed/aperture values. The background is a bit distracting. Perhaps a lower angle might have helped to isolate the dancers, as well as provided a unique perspective?

#2 The dancer is nearly lost in the background.

#4 What are you shooting?

I hope you are into breakdancing and shoot lots of photos. I'd love to see more in the future.
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Amazing to me what these guys can do. I agree with the other poster that next time maybe try to blur the background some to isolate your dancer. Have to really pick him out on these photos. Let's see some more.
    LadyTX
  • MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    The contrast is very high, and the saturation is high as well. Were you shooting at 100 ISO?
    Audentes fortuna iuvat
  • 8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    #1,3 Shots of a cool subject. I'm curious about your shutter speed/aperture values. The background is a bit distracting. Perhaps a lower angle might have helped to isolate the dancers, as well as provided a unique perspective?

#2 The dancer is nearly lost in the background.

#4 What are you shooting?

I hope you are into breakdancing and shoot lots of photos. I'd love to see more in the future.

thanks, I find breakdancing very intresting and the contest happened to be in the same town where I am currently so I just went, about the speed, it was rather fast.. i can't remember exactly but I think it wa sosmehting like 1/3000, and the apperture was of f/20 or so, it was midday and a very sunny one for that.... for the last picture, there were two teams of dancers and I just wanted to denote comfrontation
    edited July 31, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    Amazing to me what these guys can do. I agree with the other poster that next time maybe try to blur the background some to isolate your dancer. Have to really pick him out on these photos. Let's see some more.

hello, I know the DOF is rather wide but I had to use a closed apperture due to the huge ammounts of light... but i get what you mean :)
    edited July 31, 2008
    Mnemosyne wrote:
    The contrast is very high, and the saturation is high as well. Were you shooting at 100 ISO?

I always like to shoot at the lowest ISO posible, in this case 200, and regarding the colour and contrast I was using an ultra vivid setting, which now I regret because I like softer colours (I am still getting used to my first DSRL, a nikon D40)
    edited July 31, 2008
    I see the problems. I'm not sure about your maximum shutter speed but I'm guessing it doesn't go as high as some of the SLR's out there.

Interesting goal for the last photo. Thanks for sharing these.
    edited July 31, 2008
    the fastest it goes is 1/4000, is not so bad if you consider that the fastest the canon eos MkIII has a maximun speed of 1/8000, which doubles it but then pricewise..... well it more than doubles it.
    edited July 31, 2008
    8zil wrote:
    the fastest it goes is 1/4000, is not so bad if you consider that the fastest the canon eos MkIII has a maximun speed of 1/8000, which doubles it but then pricewise..... well it more than doubles it.

No, not bad at all. I picked up a D40 while ago. Seemd a nice, compact camera to have around.