Universal uploading size

scottycamscottycam Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited July 30, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there a correct size to upload so that when images are ordered, regardless of size, the image won't be distorted or white borders won't be added to it? Basically, I ran across an issue the other night. I have an image and placed a frame around it. It looks good to print for a 4*6. So if someone were to order the 4*6, no problem. But it will add in white borders if its a size other than this. If I edit the image to be good for a 8*10, then any other sizes are seeing the same issue, may even get cut off. The only resolution I saw was to upload for each size? This seems tedious. I imagine there has to be another way.

So, my question is that is there a universal size that would work for all the orderable sizes without quality degradation and white bordering? What's the recommended and preferred process that everyone takes? Putting up a sample and then replacing it at the time of order?

I hope I made sense..

Thanks!!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    No, there isn't, not possible :D

5x7, 8x10, 4x6 all are different aspect ratios. Leave all the original pixels intact. Crop the images in the shopping cart. It's really the best way.