40D is much better then Mark !!!

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 30, 2008 in Cameras
:huh

Today i got chance to hold friend's 1Ds Mark 3 it nearly broke my wrist :rolleyes Isn't it too big and heavy ? or i felt it that way because 50mm 1.0L was on it ? Man speed of that beast was really crazy !.

on the other hand his 40D + 17-40L was reasonable to hold. Addition of large viewfinder and better focus point are great features which i miss on my 400D.

Image quality oh i love every DSLR in this department. Will love to see a FF sensor in 40D body:wink. I love FF because of real 24-70L and 70-200L 2.8 range lenses it is just too perfect.

These are just my thoughts which change frequently, may be i have to be 30+ to love mark 3 size cams.

Cheers keep clicking.

PS. Still waiting for my 17-40 f/4 L Canon is lazy very lazy, i hope they will deliver before shutter is gone:rolleyes.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 30, 2008
    The 1D series are a lot bigger and heavier than other stuff for sure.

And all of them make good pictures. You have to find what is right for you.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Once you put the battery grip on the 40D it's looks to be about the same size of the MKIII. lol.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    eek7.gif

Today i got chance to hold friend's 1Ds Mark 3 it nearly broke my wrist rolleyes1.gif Isn't it too big and heavy ? or i felt it that way because 50mm 1.0L was on it ? Man speed of that beast was really crazy !.

on the other hand his 40D + 17-40L was reasonable to hold. Addition of large viewfinder and better focus point are great features which i miss on my 400D.

Image quality oh i love every DSLR in this department. Will love to see a FF sensor in 40D bodymwink.gif. I love FF because of real 24-70L and 70-200L 2.8 range lenses it is just too perfect.

Canon's current line-up includes the 5D which is basically a 30D with a FF-sensor in it. Maybe that's what you want :D

...where did you get your hands on an EF 50/1.0 L? I want one too rolleyes1.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    I have been getting used to a 5D with battery grip myself, with the kit 28~105 IS "L" lens and it is... HEAVY... compared with the 30D! I was lucky to get also the side grip to slide my hand through it instead of a strap that might result in a bent for ever neck...
    I have to say that the sharpness is incomparable with the 30D... and just as a side note, shooting on "landscape" resulted with too much "Fuji" colors, "standard" is good...
    Anyhow... I think I will now "ice down" my wrist... combined with riding a motorcycle with a sidecar it is taking a beating!
    Be well... Ara & Spirit
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Canon's current line-up includes the 5D which is basically a 30D with a FF-sensor in it. Maybe that's what you want :D

...where did you get your hands on an EF 50/1.0 L? I want one too rolleyes1.gif

Yeah but 30D's LCD is not that good rolleyes1.gif anyway who cares lol

50mm my friend had it 1.0 version is now discontinued and replaced by 1.2 version you can get it from B&H thumb.gifrofl wow what a view it was.

cheers thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    Yeah but 30D's LCD is not that good rolleyes1.gif anyway who cares lol

50mm my friend had it 1.0 version is now discontinued and replaced by 1.2 version you can get it from B&H thumb.gifrofl wow what a view it was.

cheers thumb.gif

Yeah, but the 1.2 isn't nearly as cool as the f/1.0, even if it is a better lens in every way lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Yeah, but the 1.2 isn't nearly as cool as the f/1.0, even if it is a better lens in every way lol3.gif

Have to agree what a bokeh clap.gif let me guess where i focusedheadscratch.gif:D

My Gallery