Bikini Model

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited April 24, 2005 in People
Hi, I figured this would be as good of way as any to introduce myself on the Digital Grin forums. My name is Bobby and I shoot a D70 with an assortment of Nikon and Tamron lenses ranging from the Nikon 18 - 70 DX to the Nikon 80 - 400 VR

These shots were taken last weekend on Leo Carillo Beach with the D70 and the 80 - 400. Shooting handheld and using various reflectors to fill in the lighting as needed.

19828684-L.jpg

20026841-L.jpg

19925499-L.jpg

You can see a gallery full of shots from this shoot on my SmugMug Site

Any feedback would be appriceated. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and entering some of the challenges.

Peace,
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Well i must say
    Nice Camera's , Small Bikini's, And willing models! Not much to say bad about that ;) Nice pictures.
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Well i must say
    Nice Camera's , Small Bikini's, And willing models! Not much to say bad about that ;) Nice pictures.
    Thanks Prezwoodz, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I would sure love to come to your neck of the woods some day. Between the wildlife, the fishing villages and the people of Alaska I am sure I would have a blast shooting there.
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    edited April 23, 2005
    Wow, I must smell bad or something? ne_nau.gif Is this community closed? headscratch.gif Not accepting new members or what?

I don't see a General forum where I could have introduced myself so I figured this would be the next best thing. Obviously from the view count the thread got your attention. Yet with the exception of Prezwoodz and a private welcome from the forum Mod, (which seemed to just be a tacit way of delivering the warning to keep the bikinis on.) You all remain tight lipped, without so much as a hello.

At this rate it is going to take forever to get to know anyone around here.

So seriously, what do I have to do to join the community? Post X number of posts first? Pay hommage to some unseen diety? Take a bath? Or simply be louder?

Peace,
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    photoshow wrote:
    Wow, I must smell bad or something? ne_nau.gif Is this community closed? headscratch.gif Not accepting new members or what?

I don't see a General forum where I could have introduced myself so I figured this would be the next best thing. Obviously from the view count the thread got your attention. Yet with the exception of Prezwoodz and a private welcome from the forum Mod, (which seemed to just be a tacit way of delivering the warning to keep the bikinis on.) You all remain tight lipped, without so much as a hello.

At this rate it is going to take forever to get to know anyone around here.

So seriously, what do I have to do to join the community? Post X number of posts first? Pay hommage to some unseen diety? Take a bath? Or simply be louder?

Peace,

photoshow -

first of all right here is where you introduce yourself it's a sticky thread so you can't miss it :D

secondly, of course this isn't a closed community, and you have already joined. it takes a while for folks to get to know you, and many are shy, esp around scantily clad women. we're also a family oriented site.

btw - the *best* way to get to know other folks around here is to contribute in lots of folks' threads deal.gif

wave.gif nice to see you. hang in there, and keep contributing.
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Hehehe, wow, expecting instant results!!! Slow down mwink.gif

Firstly, welcome. If I were to offer any critique, it would be on the models part, she shows no neck. Stretch that head up. Posture is everything 1drink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Hehehe, wow, expecting instant results!!! Slow down mwink.gif

Firstly, welcome. If I were to offer any critique, it would be on the models part, she shows no neck. Stretch that head up. Posture is everything 1drink.gif
    Yeah well what she lacks in neck she makes up for it in ...........:hide, gotta be quite now!!
    Don't know nuttin about model type photography (know I likem :D). I like last one best thumb.gif
    But now that beach, Oh boy do I know that beach, lots of 1st's there for me cheerleader.gifclap.gif :wow :lol4
    Welcome
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Hi Bobby, how you doing!
    just checked out your smugsite, looks like you had a fun day out, lucky get! :D
    Some great shots fella. clap.gif
    Only thing i would say is a couple look like they're slightly over exp, but it's probably just me ! I normally talk out the back of me 'ead so i wouldn't worry ne_nau.gif
    nice to see ya, keep 'em coming
    all the best thumb.gif
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    just saw bfjr's,
    I second that opinion thumb.gif (sorry can't remember the song) headscratch.gif
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Bobby
    Welcome to Dgrin
    Great shots ... beautiful lady iloveyou.gif
    Can't wait to see more clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
    edited April 23, 2005
    andy wrote:
    photoshow -

first of all right here is where you introduce yourself it's a sticky thread so you can't miss it :D

secondly, of course this isn't a closed community, and you have already joined. it takes a while for folks to get to know you, and many are shy, esp around scantily clad women. we're also a family oriented site.

btw - the *best* way to get to know other folks around here is to contribute in lots of folks' threads deal.gif

wave.gif nice to see you. hang in there, and keep contributing.

HOLY COW Andy, >>>>>> Way Down There? It is clear at the bottom of the danged forum! :) seriously that is pretty easy to miss :)

As for the rest, yea I already knew the answers and was neck deep in getting involved in others threads over in the challenge forum before I even posted this. I have actually been hanging around forums and messages boards in opne place or another since just about the begining of this thing we call the internet. That said I have learned a long time ago that when people are being to shy to come forward sometimes you got to give a little tug on the rope, and that is all this was.

As far as this being a family site I can appreciate and respect that, you won't find me going over the boundries of a say PG to at worst a PG-13 here. The truth is I come here to see if I could not get back into the arty side of my photography again, I have spent far to much time of late focused on isolated backgrounds and light tents and this seemed like a good place to stretch a little. So don't let me ruffle know feathers, I was just excersing option 3 "Be Louder" cause I sure as heck did not want to have to take no bath to get all of you to say HOWDY!

BTW thanks to the rest for the welcome and the feedback, I will come back down the line and address each of you properly in a bit.

Peace,

PS: is there a spell check in this forum? My IESpell plugin does not seem to work here and I don't see a built in spell check.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    photoshow wrote:
    HOLY COW Andy, >>>>>> Way Down There? It is clear at the bottom of the danged forum! :) seriously that is pretty easy to miss :)

that's what i'm talking about in response to your first questions above... spend some time in the forums, seeing what's what. contribute in different threads, often, and you will see that folks will get to know who you are and will do likewise in your threads.

peace backatcha thumb.gif
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Posting a picture of an Egret always helps..:D
    edited April 23, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Posting a picture of an Egret always helps..:D
    Hummm hang on, I got some of those, not sure if they are in this computer or the one in the office though.

oh and Andy, I could be here a year and never make it to a forum that far down the list. To my personal logic anything that ranks below the support forum is probally not much used or even intened fro public consumption. Call me Old Fashioned, I am just used to the most popular and public forums being at the top of the list. I can't say that I have ever seen a forum where the intorductions were at the end of the forum listing. Kind of makes me feel like an Apprentice in the Dark, all over again :)
  • lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    neck?
    what's all the talk about a neck?

wait... omg.. there is actually a head, face, eyes, and mouth in the pictures I have been looking at.... crazy how I didn't notice that before.

gotta check the monitor I guess...
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 24, 2005
    Welcome aboard.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited April 24, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    what's all the talk about a neck?

wait... omg.. there is actually a head, face, eyes, and mouth in the pictures I have been looking at.... crazy how I didn't notice that before.

gotta check the monitor I guess...
    Laughing.gif yea funny how this particular model can distract a guy from noticing she has a neck. I have to say the advice about stretching out the neck is good advice, particularly with this model.

4labs, I have put up a post about Egrets for you HERE

USAir, thanks for the welcome, I am glad you enjoyed the images.

No Umbro, you are absolutly correct, there are a couple that are a bit over exposed and all of them have a little higher magenta level in them at web compression they I would like. I noticed when I was compressing them that PS7 Save for Web was really pushing up the Magenta in the skin tones so I am going to have to remember that and compensate for it in the future on my web compressions.

HI Bfjr, well this was my first time at this particular beach, I live an hour and a half or so south in Laguna but it truly looked like a great beach for firsts ;) Especially when you can put a low tide a full moon together at a time when a recent high surf has swept the sand from the caves. I absolutly loved shooting there and plan to use it many more times.

No Shay, not expecting instant results just trying to stimulate a little action. It would seem to have worked too ;) BTW thanks again for the advice to the model and I will keep it in my mind as well as I should know when working with these new, inexperianced models to direct them to stretch it out.
    edited April 24, 2005
    Hi Ian, thanks for the welcome