Funny faces and an old baby

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited August 3, 2008 in People
This doll was mine when I was a baby. It's now locked up in the curio cabinet. The light was so good in my living room that I resorted to bribery. "you can hold the baby if you sit right here." :rolleyes:
340900305_ZwsX7-L.jpg
340898223_Mewkp-L.jpg
and now for your viewing pleasure....funny faces.
:D
340506495_KHMGm-L.jpg
340506201_Q4nS5-L.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2008
    I like #1
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Your daughter is so cute, and these are marvelous shots. clap.gif They are so clear and sharp. Good job mom wings.gif
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Thse are really cute. I love the lighting and expressions. My only nit are the last two - the stray hairs should be cloned out to make them perfection.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:
    Thse are really cute. I love the lighting and expressions. My only nit are the last two - the stray hairs should be cloned out to make them perfection.
    Those hairs drive me batty sometimes :D . They always seem to be there. Sometimes my cloning skills aren't that fantastic. I'll pull these back in and give it a try though. I do agree about them, though.

Thanks for the responses.:D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Those hairs drive me batty sometimes :D . They always seem to be there. Sometimes my cloning skills aren't that fantastic. I'll pull these back in and give it a try though. I do agree about them, though.

Thanks for the responses.:D
    I don't agree about the hair in the last two. If these were formal portraits that would be one thing. But, as I see it, these are images showing us how she is at play and a part of that is the very beautiful and fine hair in her face.

All four of these show her character and just how much she (appears) to love hamming it up for the camera. The first one is really sweet - love the light and the expression.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    A little adjustment
    The last two appear a little blue on my monitor. I did a little color adjustment to bring out the skin tones on one of them. It might not appear just right...but it shows how blue the original was and what just a little adjustment will do.

Very nice shots...I hope you don't mind me making a few changes.

342722131_ohLCN-M.jpg
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    The last two appear a little blue on my monitor. I did a little color adjustment to bring out the skin tones on one of them. It might not appear just right...but it shows how blue the original was and what just a little adjustment will do.

Very nice shots...I hope you don't mind me making a few changes.

342722131_ohLCN-M.jpg

I don't see anything....I don't mind
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Actually, the difference is quite dramatic on my monitor. Of course, now I would like to see it somewhere in between the two rolleyes1.gif
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Actually, the difference is quite dramatic on my monitor. Of course, now I would like to see it somewhere in between the two rolleyes1.gif

yes
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    These are adorable shots. Actually I like the originals the best. I tend to like skin tones that aren't so "warm".
    LadyTX
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    These are adorable shots. Actually I like the originals the best. I tend to like skin tones that aren't so "warm".
    LadyTX...how's this...a little less warm. I would like to ask if you monitor is color calibrated. The ones that you liked...the originals...are way off by the numbers...the magenta is much too strong in comparison to the yellow...the number one reason that photos are returned. This according to SmugMug.

344113091_LadxF-M.jpg
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed