Rules - Read This!!!

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited August 1, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok guys, I have revamped the rules. Nothing too major, but hopefully clearer. Please go and read them VERY carefully.

The biggest change is this:
The challenges will now begin and end at 08:00am EST (-5 GMT) on the Monday. No more one minute after midnight stuff.

Onwards and upwards, Sharp Shooters!
Emily
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Emily,

Great stuff. Do you think is worth asking participants of this competition to agree that they have read the rules? e.g. they could leave a message in this thread or send someone a personal message.

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Emily,

Great stuff. Do you think is worth asking participants of this competition to agree that they have read the rules? e.g. they could leave a message in this thread or send someone a personal message.

Cheers/Peter

Nah. I expect to have to (and want to) fully read the rules of any competition I might enter. Ignorance is not an excuse. And I have better things to do with my time than to make a checklist of who has or hasn't read them (like coming up with wacky themes).
    Emily

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    And I have better things to do with my time than to make a checklist of who has or hasn't read them (like coming up with wacky themes).

And may I say that you are doing a very good job at it...currently causing me significant photographers block :-)

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
    edited July 31, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    And may I say that you are doing a very good job at it...currently causing me significant photographers block :-)

Cheers/Peter

:whip

:giggle
    Emily

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    Just to clarify: in quarterly Mega-Challenge public vote only happens if the panel of judges comes to a tie, or is the first place always defined by the public vote and the panel only selects the ten candidates? headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 1, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just to clarify: in quarterly Mega-Challenge public vote only happens if the panel of judges comes to a tie, or is the first place always defined by the public vote and the panel only selects the ten candidates? headscratch.gif

The first is correct.

Judging for the Mega-Challenge is different than the other rounds. For those who are familair with the LPS style judging (judging is determined by a panel of 5 judges), it's more like that, except in the event of a tie. I'll try to see if I can make it clearer tomorrow, k?
    Emily