Sushi to Carousel #2!

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited August 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Found this resaurant and went in for some sushi. It sucked, cost to much, and to add insult to my injured wallet, they said to stop taking photos.

The sushi is put onto a carousel which then runs around the bar. See a plate you want, you grab it. The plates are color coded by price. After you finish, the waitress counts the plates, hoses your wallet and you leg it!

Comments please?
300_7961.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2008
    Found this resaurant and went in for some sushi. It sucked, cost to much, and to add insult to my injured wallet, they said to stop taking photos.

The sushi is put onto a carousel which then runs around the bar. See a plate you want, you grab it. The plates are color coded by price. After you finish, the waitress counts the plates, hoses your wallet and you leg it!

Comments please?

Well to tell you the truth I have had sushi once and once only and that was last year in San Francisco.

I don't like raw meats or fishes, however I did enjoy the sushi we had.

I like your B&W conversion thumb.gif
    If you had not of explained what the image was about I would never have known it was a Sushi Bar.

There's not a lot in focus in the shot to tell me much about it.

Hope you find a better Sushi Bar to eat at next time.
    Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Well to tell you the truth I have had sushi once and once only and that was last year in San Francisco.

I don't like raw meats or fishes, however I did enjoy the sushi we had.

I like your B&W conversion thumb.gif
    If you had not of explained what the image was about I would never have known it was a Sushi Bar.

There's not a lot in focus in the shot to tell me much about it.

Hope you find a better Sushi Bar to eat at next time.
    Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks. I only got two photos before they told me "No photos." One was even a shallower depth of focus so even less was visible.

The color version offers little else to show either. I actually went back and double checked, but most of the plates were white and the food wasn't colorful for the shot. Oh well.
  • pug8pug8 Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Well, I didn't know sushi was popular in China, given their anti-Japanese sentiments.
    Revolving sushi restaurants are rather common here in Japan, too, of course. However, I've never seen them with the lids on the dishes. If a dish has been on the roundabout too long, a chef will toss it out.
    Some restaurants have microchipped dishes - to calculate payment, they stack the dishes and use a reader to count them.
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    pug8 wrote:
    Well, I didn't know sushi was popular in China, given their anti-Japanese sentiments.
    Revolving sushi restaurants are rather common here in Japan, too, of course. However, I've never seen them with the lids on the dishes. If a dish has been on the roundabout too long, a chef will toss it out.
    Some restaurants have microchipped dishes - to calculate payment, they stack the dishes and use a reader to count them.

Sounds like the stereotype of Japan. In China, tech is expensive, but people are cheap, so they can just hire a dozen people to count the plates. Yeah, the Chinese do like Japanese products for the most part, but many dislike the Japanese.