Santa Monica, CA

KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited August 1, 2008 in Landscapes
First picture post in this forum (but not on DGrin), so please be gentle. :D

The first two were taken from the top of the ferris wheel on the pier in Santa Monica the day before my birthday last September. The first facing south, the 2nd facing north.

342937739_BGr3f-M-1.jpg

342938088_QRFfR-M-1.jpg

And what would a trip to the beach in Southern California be without a shot of a sunset over the water. This was taken out the window of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. on the pier.

342938314_ZtSAa-M-1.jpg

The orange circle-type thing over on the right is coming from a reflection of light bouncing off an object behind the camera.

All of these were taken with a Kodak digital point and shoot. It would be another six months before I would buy my Canon. C&C always welcome and encouraged. :D
Alan H.
http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    KCBearcat wrote:
    First picture post in this forum (but not on DGrin), so please be gentle. :D

I like the curve of the beach on the first shot, nice composition. I'm on my laptop so its not profiled but it looks like the shot is a bit bright. Just bring down the midtones and that will bring out some pop, but like I said it could just be the monitor.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2008
    I am loving the 1st shot most mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery