Options

Take to the Seminar?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 22, 2005 in Cameras
Nature, birds, landscapes: tomorrow, sat 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM, all levels students.

What do you all carry water in??? I go nuts without that access and my Great, Wonderful, hopefully all day comfortable Crumpler Shrinkle, does not seem to have a place to add things like water bottles.

Someone said memory was important, so I now have 1lb sandisk, 1 gb something else, and a brand new 2 gb sandisk.

I have a wolverine thing for memory storage, fits in the camera place in the bad, can keep memory in it.

Then I have the 20D, 300 Prime, 1.4 Extender, 70-200L f4 or something, the wide 17-40L which I love.

I have stuff to clean the lenses, booklets, manuals fit in the crumple, an extra battery, just one, no time to order another.

I can't think of anything else. No one else is going to be using a monopod at that hour, if they are I will get it out of the car.

When I put all that stuff in my Crumpler and hang the camera around my neck, the Crumpler is full.

Where do you put the bug spray? I am having Bill look for a smaller thing of it.

This is at Magnolia Gardens where I go all the time. He will not necessarily go where I go, I hope, the place is huge...............and he has all skill levels.

Also, our dryer quit, does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get a clothes dryer, most utilitarian, no bell, no whistle.

ginger

Oh, Dixie had a waist thing along with his backpack. Held alot of stuff. Where do you get those?

And do you all have an extra strap for your camera in case one breaks. I am no longer able, or want, to keep a hand on it all the time.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    b&h have all sorts of belts, pouches, and that sort that attach to you, and your bag.

bring a lens cloth and a small blower brush.
    bring as little gear as you can - since you are birding, i would think the 300 + the tc would be ideal.
    bring all the memory you can goodness that's a lot.

cheers

andy

ps: can't help w/ washer dryer sorry
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Ginger,

I have a whole house full of belts, etc. for water and accessories. I get mine from a local running store, but my guess any hiking/outdoor/sporting goods store would have something like this.

You can get these kinds of things with more storage, less storage, whatever you want. I've run several marathons with this kind of gear so they should stay nicely in place for walking around.

Regards,
    Brad