Options

Hit Question

photocreationsphotocreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited September 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I am in owner view and I am looking at my photos or pricing/customizing them, does that effect my hit numbers or do the hits change only when someone visits my site?

kcphotocreations.com

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2008
    I think that not too many people rely on the SmugMug stats. I personally think that you are much better off using the free StatCounter or Google Analytics for accurate stats. It's what most people do and in both cases you can filter out your own traffic.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    tittelbatittelba Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I'd like to know the official answer to this question as well. I also use Google Analytics but I do still use the Smugmug stats.

Thanks,
    Tom
    When I am in owner view and I am looking at my photos or pricing/customizing them, does that effect my hit numbers or do the hits change only when someone visits my site?

kcphotocreations.com

Thank you.
  • Options
    Andrew MaimanAndrew Maiman Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I don't think it counts views if you're logged in. I've been creating my galleries this weekend and haven't seen the numbers go up. For my unlisted galleries, most of them show no hits at all, which makes sense since only I've looked at them.
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    For some reason, SmugMug does not address their stats function in any meaningful way. They tend to want to gloss over this issue. They have stated in the past though that the stats you access through the control panel are more accurate than the stats you access through the gallery settings. They've never said why or how much more accurate though ne_nau.gif.

I believe that for accurate stats it's far better to use Google Analytics or StatCounter. They're both free.

Just my nickel's worth (inflation, ya know).
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged