2.5 Back to people

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited August 5, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't done too many shots with people for the past couple months. So I decided try some out, and with this photo I absolutely love the colors (now I understand Olympus color)

The photo speaks to me, but I'm not sure if it's my love of the coloring so, some more levelheaded opinions would be greatly appreciated.

343662193_t4a54-XL.jpg

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 3, 2008
    ok...I have looked at this image a couple times today. And keep waiting for someone else to give an opinion first. I guess I could say that the image is nice for a people shot...but the colors are a little subtle for this challenge.ne_nau.gif I could be wrong but I guess I should be the first to say it. JMO
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    I can see why you love this photo. The light is nice and the picture has a contemplative mood. Personally, I would crop out the pillow on the right because it is so bright it pulls the eye away from the subject. Also, the photograph would be stronger if more of the girl's face were more visible.

That said, I have to agree with JAG. The colors are neither primary nor pastel. You could try softening the colors, which would work with the light and the mood. Combine that with a crop to get rid of the pillow and you might have something. I suspect that making the shirt more a pure red would be too bright and not fit the mood.

Just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps.

Virginia

Email
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    This is a shot I'd be proud to hang on my wall because it's gorgeous, but in terms of the challenge it doesn't seem to speak "primary" or "pastel". ne_nau.gif The colors are too muted to be primary and too dark to be pastel.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    I tried some new things with it:
    345221703_dEoKV-XL.jpg

VS 343662193_t4a54-XL.jpg
    edited August 4, 2008
    I like the newer version. clap.gif

Is it possible to get that red to pop just a teensy weensy bit more? Maybe a tad brighter? But not too much.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    I like the newer version. clap.gif

Is it possible to get that red to pop just a teensy weensy bit more? Maybe a tad brighter? But not too much.

I just posted this version in the contest thread:

345497728_WMMwn-XL.jpg

any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    edited August 5, 2008
    Looks good!! thumb.gifclap.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    It is a gorgeous picture and I like your changes.

Good luck!

Virginia

Email