Las Vegas Wetlands Sunrise

darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
edited August 4, 2008 in Landscapes
I did it, I got up in time for a sunrise. Most of it wasn't too spectacular (and I didn't even bring lanscape gear!), but this one caught my eye to I made the picture.

What do you think, "hot or not" :D

343992491_pGfWP-L.jpg
~ Lisa

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Hi Lisa! I think this shot has great potential. I love dramatic, beautiful skies over silhouettes. There is just a bit too much space between them here to make me linger that long. I was just driving this evening with a lovely sunset and had the same problem, hence I didn't bother stopping for a photo. rolleyes1.gif

I love the godbeams, though, and the crispy bright edges of the clouds in front of the sun. thumb.gif
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    thanks schmoo :D

This is my first sunrise, and I wasn't planning on taking it. I saw the light and godbeams and just had to try and capture it. I'm not great with landscapes but that is why I work on them :D

Thanks again for the comments. Hey maybe I could shrink the empty space in post! mwink.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    I'd love to say it is HOT, but for me it just needs more umph. Like
    so many of my own photos. :D

Also, the foreground trees and such appear out of focus or maybe its
    windy.

Another effort with sunrises or sunsets, I'm sure will net you more overall
    impact that you are looking for to have. Michael
    Michael
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Hey maybe I could shrink the empty space in post! mwink.gif

Hilarious! That's a private joke of mine, actually: "Fix it in post!" lol3.gif

In my original comment I had actually started to say something about keeping a collection of skyline or church silhouettes on hand to drop into scenes like this. You know, just in case. I find myself taking photos of this type myself but always wishing I had a more romantic foreground.

I know sometimes you can't choose the weather when it chooses to show itself to you.

All we can do is keep shooting. That's more fun anyway, right? :D