Protests at UMass

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited April 22, 2005 in People
I feel like I've been commenting a lot and not shooting. And when I have been shooting, it's been with my newest long lens which usually leaves me with fewer pictures as I spend more time hiking and searching for "prey" (not a bad thing). Anyway, I went out with my trusty old 28-135 IS and captured the big protests here on campus yesterday, thought I'd share. Comment as you please - about photos or politics, I'm game for both.

Take Back UMass!!! was the theme, but when I got there, seems like the BBQ was a bigger hit than anything else. Check out that line!

20256057-L.jpg

20256073-L.jpg

I'm thining of using this one for the patterns challenge:

20256085-L.jpg

I like all the feet in this shot (don't know why)

20256095-L.jpg

Even the Easter bunny made a stop in at the protest

20256108-L.jpg
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 22, 2005
    Right, this is the people forum, and these are why I posted here...

20256130-L.jpg

20256140-L.jpg

Featured speaker, Barbara Ehrenstein (I think, sorry)

20256175-L.jpg

And this young lady is one of our Union leaders

20256215-L.jpg

All in all a good rally. Today was the deadline for UMass to fund our (Graduate Employees) contract. Our new chancellor seems to think that he can turn UMass into one of the nations leading research institutions by cutting graduate students salaries and benefits. Ever try living on $12,000 a year Mr. Chancellor? But I won't get into it...
    :D
    Erik

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Right, this is the people forum, and these are why I posted here...

20256130-L.jpg

20256140-L.jpg

Featured speaker, Barbara Ehrenstein (I think, sorry)

20256175-L.jpg

And this young lady is one of our Union leaders

20256215-L.jpg

All in all a good rally. Today was the deadline for UMass to fund our (Graduate Employees) contract. Our new chancellor seems to think that he can turn UMass into one of the nations leading research institutions by cutting graduate students salaries and benefits. Ever try living on $12,000 a year Mr. Chancellor? But I won't get into it...
    :D
    I like the perspective of the 3rd one, the first one has a great experssion, but I would crop it closer, the rest is sort of usless, and what is that dude doing in the corner on the 2nd one.

I missed the ralley cause I was at fenway :-P
    almost got my clocked clean by a foul ball....the photo pits, then can be scary.
    edited April 22, 2005
    winger wrote:
    I like the perspective of the 3rd one, the first one has a great experssion, but I would crop it closer, the rest is sort of usless, and what is that dude doing in the corner on the 2nd one.

I missed the ralley cause I was at fenway :-P
    almost got my clocked clean by a foul ball....the photo pits, then can be scary.
    do you have to quote all my photos... man it takes forever to get to your comments! :D

Yeah, comments received, you're right. But I didn't post process any of these, don't intend to. Do any photojournalists post process? This was heat of the moment stuff! I was clapping and yelling in between mwink.gif

I meant to get some to the Collegian, but when I got back, there was a pile of work on my desk, so I couldn't even process a few to try and get them picked up by the paper.

psssst, i'm baiting people for political discussion, where's Rutt? lol3.gif
    Erik

edited April 22, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I meant to get some to the Collegian, but when I got back, there was a pile of work on my desk, so I couldn't even process a few to try and get them picked up by the paper.
    Man, I just noticed what a horribly hippocritical statement I just made there! it was after all a "NO BUSINESS as usual rally!!!"

lol3.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Erik