Options

odd behavior in Lightroom

BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited August 5, 2008 in Finishing School
I installed the demo copy of LR2 and have been playing with it a bit.

I've noticed that when I hit delete on a JPEG image, it prompts me to either remove it from the LR database or to delete the file completely, but when I hit delete on a CR2 (or CTRL+backspace to delete rejected photos), it ONLY removes them from the database.

Is there a way to make it delete CR2 files? Going through my folders to manually delete what I tried to delete in LR is cumbersome.

Thanks,

MB

Comments

• Options
    mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    I don't have a problem deleting CR2 files - I get the dialog with the "Delete from Disk" and "Remove" options. Is the photo you're trying to delete in a collection? I think I've noticed that pressing Delete while in a collection removes it from the collection without any prompts (without deleting the actual file).
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    Ah, that's probably it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    Confirmed. That was it.

I'd pulled photos off my card from three different sessions, and immediately put them into collections before going through.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Blackwood wrote:
    Confirmed. That was it.

I'd pulled photos off my card from three different sessions, and immediately put them into collections before going through.

Thanks again.

FYI, I find that a more convenient way to delete in LR is to mark several files for deletion (using the X key), then delete them all at once with Ctrl-Backspace. Thus, you only have to deal with the delete prompt once. You can easily configure the view not to show files marked for deletion if you want too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    FYI, I find that a more convenient way to delete in LR is to mark several files for deletion (using the X key), then delete them all at once with Ctrl-Backspace. Thus, you only have to deal with the delete prompt once. You can easily configure the view not to show files marked for deletion if you want too.

Great tip. I'd been looking for a way to delete multi-selected shots. That's just a good.

Thanks!