Options

Question About Picture Size Formating

rouxsterrouxster Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited August 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am not sure how to handle this problem. If I upload a set of pictures and they are formatted for 5x7 or 8x10, if I offer a 6x6 ceramic tile for sale, the same picture will not look to good when it is cropped to a 6x6 size. Is there a way that either I can upload a picture that will be used for 5x7 and a separate picture that will be used for 6x6 or can I set certain sizes to be delayed and other not to be delayed? I hope this is not too confusing. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Also, one more tidbit of info. I have an Olympus DSLR. It uses the 4/3 format. Could this be the issue? Do Canon and Nikon users have the same problem? No comments about how crappy you think Olympus is...LOL...straight facts please! And no, it is not a fact that Olympus is crappy! Just kidding about all of that. Serioulsy, I'm really considering selling it becasue the 4/3 is not good for 4x6.

Any hlep would be appreciated. Thanks

==========
http://www.nolaphotography.net

Comments

• Options
    PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Ryan, I don't think you need to sweat this so much. I mean, how many tiles are people going to order? Just upload images at their original proportions, and let people adjust the cropping how they please. If they don't get it right, do it for them. You can even e-mail or call customers to discuss their cropping if you need to. I've handled lots and lots of print sales, and really, cropping is almost never an issue. Most clients get it right, or auto-cropping is fine. The others I adjust in proof delay. No sweat. I think what you're proposing sounds like WAAAAY too much work.