Options

What's happend to Smugmug...it won't load!!

photochikphotochik Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've been working with my photos and now I can't get the smugmug site to stay connected. I keep getting an Explorer error page saying it can't display the webpage. What happened??

Comments

• Options
    firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    photochik wrote:
    I've been working with my photos and now I can't get the smugmug site to stay connected. I keep getting an Explorer error page saying it can't display the webpage. What happened??

i'm having the same problem....ne_nau.gif at least now i know it's not just me.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    photochik wrote:

Ditto...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Hi Guys, Onethumb's working on it stay tuned... sorry for the hassle, please bear with us.

Thank you.
  • Options
    AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    photochik wrote:

Same here. No smugmug,com, or my nickname-smugmug, or my customized domain.
  • Options
    AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Guys, Onethumb's working on it stay tuned... sorry for the hassle, please bear with us.

Thank you.

Andy, is the blink and "grin" new or have I just not noticed it before?
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    AFBlue wrote:
    Andy, is the blink and "grin" new or have I just not noticed it before?
    Been that way for 5 years :)
  • Options
    TakedaTakeda Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Smugmug is down for me too.......
    Bob
    http://bob-ayers.smugmug.com

D70, D300, 18 70mm, 70 300mm, 85mm f/1.4, 105mm f/2.8VR, 17 55mm f/2.8, 70 200mm f/2.8VR
  • Options
    exposedphotoexposedphoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 3, 2008
    Hope it wasn't some DNS cache poisoning!
  • Options
    inetkeninetken Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Intermittant
    It seems to be an intermittant problem for me. Some images load -or- nothing loads -or- my web page loads.eek7.gif

Ken
    Takeda wrote:
    Smugmug is down for me too.......
    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. --Groucho Marx
  • Options
    god-likegod-like Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 3, 2008
    I'm also having the issue right now.

Is there anything I can provide to help?

Thanks,
    Nate
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    Photos are back online, we're in read only mode and we'll be there for a bit, standard procedure while the engineers bring stuff back up to normal.
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Photos are back online, we're in read only mode and we'll be there for a bit, standard procedure while the engineers bring stuff back up to normal.
    And we should be back to normal. Sorry folks, for the brief hassle!
  • Options
    god-likegod-like Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 3, 2008
    Andy,

I have a couple of photos that were processing (just added) when the issue(s) happened. They still say "Processing Image" and have been like that for a while now. Is the site just behind or are they "stuck" and need to be deleted/re-submitted?

Thanks,
    Nate

** Update, looks like one of them has went now, the system must have just been behind.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    thanks Andy...it's up.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Great - thanks! Flying along now nicely.
  • Options
    PhotoMarkusPhotoMarkus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    It was OK for a while, but it seems problems come and go:
    Right now for example I cannot load my site, but when I finish writing this post it may load again. A couple of minutes later it may stop again to work. Something is fishy and strange. At least not very responsive and reliable right now.

Anyone else having problems ? Hope this gets sorted.
    Cheers, Markus

--
    http://markusbrosch.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    It was OK for a while, but it seems problems come and go:
    Right now for example I cannot load my site, but when I finish writing this post it may load again. A couple of minutes later it may stop again to work. Something is fishy and strange. At least not very responsive and reliable right now.

Anyone else having problems ? Hope this gets sorted.
    Cheers, Markus

--
    http://markusbrosch.smugmug.com

Thumbnails are loading very slowly for me and I have a 100mg connection at my desktop. Plus I just got an email from a client that my site "is not loading". Yikes! That's print sales down the tubes. :nah

Anybody else having a problem???
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 4, 2008
    Markus and Lou,

I saw a brief hickup about 20 minutes ago that I think was connection related. The site itself has been going very good for me.

When it happens again for you, or if it is still happening, can I get a traceroute from the server to you? http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/traceroute.mg

Send the results to the help desk so that we can check to see what might be going on.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Earlier I uploaded several photos, but now cant upload to safe my life.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Earlier I uploaded several photos, but now cant upload to safe my life.
    Hi DJ, details please? What happens? What Uploader? What error messages? Any and all details can help us to help you.
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Problems here in Austin. It had been working. But the last set of pics I uploaded (and watched the uploader status bar) failed to appear in the new album I created. The new gallery/album created just fine but I can't get pics to it. No error message. It behaves as if everything is fine but pics don't get there.

Using the retired Drag and Drop as it is very stable for me. Win XP64. No changes in OS for months. FF 3.0.1

Cheers,
    David

Andy wrote:
    Hi DJ, details please? What happens? What Uploader? What error messages? Any and all details can help us to help you.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:

I use the Drag n Drop uploader (used this one pretty much since day one).

Earlier - no issues. Now - it seems to upload properly, but then it just says:

Ack! We didn't receive any photos.... yadda yadda yadda.

I dont see anything in the error log either...I've been trying to add a photo to gallery: http://djkennedy.smugmug.com/gallery/1334937_EpPxa

I havent done anything since my last upload a little earlier...maybe something from the issues SM had earlier?

Derek

Windows XP Pro SP3, FF3.01, No changes since last upload

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    lizziejanelizziejane Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    same thing for me- drag n drop and uploading from Elements not working, but appears ol faithful is. I've also been having a problem staying connected all weekend. I log in, and 30 seconds later, I'm out.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    Maybe its coincidence but I just tried the 'simple' uploader, and it worked... ne_nau.gif

I *REALLY* prefer the drag n drop uploader.

• Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    All y'all tech guys willl like this...It is an intermittent problem. I just uploaded with no problems.

I've got a lot of uploadingto do this evening so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers,
    David
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Maybe its coincidence but I just tried the 'simple' uploader, and it worked... ne_nau.gif

I *REALLY* prefer the drag n drop uploader.
    Drag and Drop is being retired, in favor of the far more robust Simple Uploader, it's faster, and more error-free, too.

Sorry for the hassles :(
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    I am still having problems uploading as well. Doesn't seem t to matter which uploader. Almost seems like a connectivity issue.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Drag and Drop is being retired, in favor of the far more robust Simple Uploader, it's faster, and more error-free, too.

Sorry for the hassles :(

I just uploaded 4 photos using the Simple uploader (which is faster, and more error-free) - and apparently my 4 photos that I uploaded have gone AOL. NO evidence showing after the upload that I actually uploaded (looking in the gallery, looking in the recent photos gallery, and looking in the upload stats area to see if anything was there - nada).

ne_nau.gif

• Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I just uploaded 4 photos using the Simple uploader (which is faster, and more error-free) - and apparently my 4 photos that I uploaded have gone AOL. NO evidence showing after the upload that I actually uploaded (looking in the gallery, looking in the recent photos gallery, and looking in the upload stats area to see if anything was there - nada).

ne_nau.gif
    Check in a bit, we're slammed with uploads right now :)
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2008
    the 'Simple' uploader didnt work, the retired drag n drop did blbl.gif

But one photo was inl InQueue for 676 seconds. It just posted...