TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited August 4, 2008 in Cameras
dunno
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    My story:

Sigh. Accidents, unfortunately, happen. Actually, the cost was a lot less than I imagined. The hood and lens cap protected everything (front element not damaged at all) and I could still shoot with it, but AF was wonky and couldn’t really zoom very well (very tight), but the lens still worked.

2523236602_31fe804d62.jpg?v=0

The repair bill was $158 + tax and the shipping was for $15. They only charged me for labor only and not for any parts, but they did replace the ring around the outside of the front element and sent back my lens cap and hood. If the damage is like mine, the mechanical chassis was damaged by shock and needs to be replaced. My lens cap is still a bit smashed, but it still works and I’ll probably pick up a new one at bh.

You might want brace for the repair time unless you has CPS. The repair made me want to get off my lazy butt and sign up for CPS. It takes them about four to five days after they receive the lens before they actually look at it and then another four or five before they actually work on it after you pay canon. I didn’t get mine back for two and half weeks! You might be lucky and have it come back sooner.