Suggestions for this Goat Shot?

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 6, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I snapped this one this morning. I like the shot for the colors and the entertainment value. It definitely tells a story: "The grass is always greener," or some variation thereof.

I did a crop and a little tweaking in Aperture. But I think the colors and contrast are off in the new version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lauren

Original (no adjustments)
345079205_UHjb9-L.jpg

Crop + Minor adjustments to WB, Levels, Contrast . . . er, everything :rofl
345079663_23Y6M-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I snapped this one this morning. I like the shot for the colors and the entertainment value. It definitely tells a story: "The grass is always greener," or some variation thereof.

I did a crop and a little tweaking in Aperture. But I think the colors and contrast are off in the new version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lauren

Original (no adjustments)
    Crop + Minor adjustments to WB, Levels, Contrast . . . er, everything rolleyes1.gif

Hi Lauren, your crop looks good, I had a look at the shot and removed the larger section on the right, thought it looked better without it.

Guess it's going to be personal taste for you, technically the orginal shot is not very well composed ... sorry.

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2008
    Skippy,

I assume the problem with composition is because the goat's head (subject) is in the center of the shot? Oh, and also shot directly from in front? Any other suggestions for me?

FYI, this was a "drive-by shooting"--I saw the goats, pulled off the road, jumped out and started clicking. They were quick little youngsters--this was the best I could do. Not an excuse, just explaining. I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Skippy,

FYI, this was a "drive-by shooting"--I saw the goats, pulled off the road, jumped out and started clicking.
    Lauren

Ohhhhh Lauren it sounds like the Goat was going to end up on someone's dinner plate rolleyes1.gif a drive by goat shooting, I love the way you explained that for me :D

The fence is very distracting especially to the right, as is the goats back half being in shadows....... I'm sure if you were not under pressure by little people you would have gotten in closer, and got the shot you wanted thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin