#37 My 1st. Dgrin Challenge

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited April 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took a little time today to see if I could come up with a strong image for the challenge. Being new here I don't really have a feel for the creative tastes of the community so I will toss out a few different ideas to see if anything sticks. All constriuctive comments and feed back are welcomed.

20279855-M.jpg

20279858-M.jpg

20279859-M.jpg

20279861-M.jpg
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Wow I really love the last one, it has great depth and he pattern is so intersting while still being simple! Great shotthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    Wow I really love the last one, it has great depth and he pattern is so intersting while still being simple! Great shotthumb.gif
    I'm in love with the last one as well! what is it? I'd love to see a larger version of it. :D
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Thanks for the comments hopefully I will get a little more feedback yet as I am really undecided on which direction I want to go with this one.
    I'm in love with the last one as well! what is it? I'd love to see a larger version of it. :D
    It is just a close up crop of an old piece of fram equipment
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    I like #3, interesting perspective. I would love to see the last one larger as well..
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Welcome to the boards! Here's my take,

there's pattern here, but the angle of this one is straight on and the pattern is too repetetive there's no story.
    20279855-M.jpg

I like the idea of "shooting dice" rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif but give me one shot, I get the feeling you thought that one shot didn't quite make it (skip the layers)

20279858-M.jpg

this one is better that the last two, I definitely see a progression in your composition and understanding of what will make a good shot.

20279859-M.jpg

But this one is so far and above the other 3 the pattern isn't strictly repetetive, the repetition has modulus which is important IMO, It also has a texture richness and depth that are missing from the other shots. Out of the four, I can say without reservation, the right shot or at least theme to work with, good luck.

20279861-M.jpg

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Thank you Lucky Hack, I sinceirly appreciate the feedback