My First attempt at a Self Portrait

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited August 7, 2008 in People
345327548_gyYn4-L.jpg
345327697_CaoG6-L.jpg

345326113_PCerW-L.jpg

I really need a tripod! LOL, typical "myspace" photos using my arms to stretch out! ha!
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Nice!....dare I say...sultry. :D I like the short-hair look better. (Saw your profile on your website)
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Not bad! You almost have Yuri eyes:D
    Jaye
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Wow, Bri. Very steamy for self portraits. Buy yourself a tripod and then get really creative!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Nice job Bri, especially considering that you are using the "myspace approach" to self-portraits. :D One thing that stands out is that the your eyes, at least in the first photo, are not quite sharp. I don't know how you set you set your focus point (which is always difficult in self-portraits) but you want to try reversing the focus by extending your arms and holding up a finger, focus on the finger, lock focus and then extend the camera away from to take the shot.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    You are very pretty. :tuesday I like 1 and 2.

Your left eye looks like it's in the process of opening or closing in #3, maybe because of the missing catchlight. They all look slightly out of focus.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Nice job Bri, especially considering that you are using the "myspace approach" to self-portraits. :D One thing that stands out is that the your eyes, at least in the first photo, are not quite sharp. I don't know how you set you set your focus point (which is always difficult in self-portraits) but you want to try reversing the focus by extending your arms and holding up a finger, focus on the finger, lock focus and then extend the camera away from to take the shot.

Man, Travis you are smart! I never would have thought of that.

Brishay- I love these. And yup, you are a stunner. Now add some contrast to these photos and show off those good looks even more!
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Travis wrote:

Wow, what a simple but wonderful idea! That is great! Thanks!

Thanks everyone.
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Man, Travis you are smart! I never would have thought of that.

I have never been accused of that before rolleyes1.gif Maybe I should forward this on to my parents... "see mom and dad, after 39 years someone finally noticed" rolleyes1.gif Now I have to go back to staring at the wall and drooling on myself.