richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited August 5, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Anything here worth considering? :scratch

Input, comments, etc. are welcome!

Pastel #1

345412538_57UGn-L.jpg

Pastel #2

Orig: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/photos/345413581_4krmr-L.jpg

Revised (added more contrast to the clouds + cropped)

345931618_4xC6d-L.jpg

Pastel #3

345416090_pdpwY-L.jpg

Primary #1

Orig: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/photos/345412567_jvBt4-XL.jpg

Revised (added more contrast):

345931591_5r4sW-XL.jpg

Primary #2

Orig: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/photos/345414753_5XjP4-XL.jpg

Revised: (fixed tilt, cropped tighter)

345931692_HDnzw-XL.jpg

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Pastel #2 is incredible, though I would crop out most of the reflection in the river, as it's distracting
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 5, 2008
    the pastel 2 is beautiful....but I keep finding my self going back to the primarys. Primary 2 is interesting to me (that might not be saying much), but it needs slightly rotated to straighten it. I really love primary 1. I like the flow of it. It just needs to pop alittle more with some contrasts. Have you tried it in HDR?

Anyway ....primarys seem to be catching my eye more but I aint judgin!mwink.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    #2 pastel : i agree with pyro on the reflection..., that formation is wonderful, just a little curve work would help define it some. one idea is maybe crop as portraitne_nau.gif

#2 primary: i think you are on to something here. i even like it as is.
    Aaron Nelson
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Pastel #2 is incredible, though I would crop out most of the reflection in the river, as it's distracting

iloveyou.gif Thanks.

Interesting comment about the reflection in the water. I left it in there intentionally thinking it might add some continuity to the piece. ne_nau.gif I'll play around with some crops this evening when I get home from work. mwink.gif
    edited August 5, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    the pastel 2 is beautiful....but I keep finding my self going back to the primarys. Primary 2 is interesting to me (that might not be saying much), but it needs slightly rotated to straighten it. I really love primary 1. I like the flow of it. It just needs to pop alittle more with some contrasts. Have you tried it in HDR?

Anyway ....primarys seem to be catching my eye more but I aint judgin!mwink.gif

Thanks! iloveyou.gif

Primary 2 drove me crazy trying to make it appear straight. eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif No matter what I did, something looked out of alignment. Guess I need to play with it a little more.

headscratch.gif Hmmm....hadn't thought of trying a little HDR on Primary #1.

Looks like I'm going to be having fun this evening!
    edited August 5, 2008
    #2 pastel : i agree with pyro on the reflection..., that formation is wonderful, just a little curve work would help define it some. one idea is maybe crop as portraitne_nau.gif

#2 primary: i think you are on to something here. i even like it as is.

Thanks, Aaron! iloveyou.gif

I've done curves adjustment already on Pastel #2, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best with it. ne_nau.gif I'll see what I can come up with this evening.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    I'm going to have to go with primary two, just rotated a degree or two and it's greatthumb.gif
    edited August 5, 2008
    I'm going to have to go with primary two, just rotated a degree or two and it's greatthumb.gif

Thanks! iloveyou.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2008
    Primary #2 is really striking. I think the problem that is making people think it isn't straight is that the lace curtin is not hanging straight down. Using transform>skew might help - tho you might have to use it only on the curtin side of the photo. I happen to like is as is. It's the way its hanging!

I like Primary #1 too. Not sure how you get it to pop any more than it is already popping. ne_nau.gif I think it is stunning as is. thumb.gif

As usual, you have a some great stuff to choose from! Good luck!

Virginia

Email