Options

Southern California

JBenito PhotographyJBenito Photography Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I took this picture driving back from a wedding. It shows part of the destruction that was caused by the large fires at the beginning of this year.

http://5jbenito.smugmug.com/photos/345769389_3cdhr-L-2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Hi and welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif

I think that is a beautiful, moody, minimalistic shot. I feel like I'm driving right over the edge of the Earth. :D

You post would be more effective if you embed the image directly into it. Currently it's a URL link rather than an IMG tag which is not hard to fix. Just make sure when you post you click the postcard-y icon rather than the globe one. We have a handy tute right here. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Really nice image considering the circumstances under which the scene was created. I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to get this one up for you as an image instead of a link. (hope this is OK admins...if not please feel free to send me to my room!)

345769389_3cdhr-L-2.jpg
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    Really nice image considering the circumstances under which the scene was created. I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to get this one up for you as an image instead of a link. (hope this is OK admins...if not please feel free to send me to my room!)

I don't mind personally, but it's always best to teach the man to fish rather than throw him the whole salmon :D
  • Options
    photosbyDanphotosbyDan Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    awesome shot! thanks for sharing Welcome to dgrin
    "Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness."-Yousuf Karsh

www.danielchappellphotography.com

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I don't mind personally, but it's always best to teach the man to fish rather than throw him the whole salmon :D

thumb.gif
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

Schmoo, what a great quote! Yes I enjoy the image toothumb.gif
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    I really like this shot, it may just be me but it looks like it could be straitened a bit.