Lifeguard Station...

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited August 6, 2008 in Landscapes
I took this shot a little while back, just a few weeks after I got my camera and I just found it again a couple days ago. It's not technically perfect, blown out highlights, etc. but I like it. It was an almost sureal quality to my eye and I've gotten some positve comments from friends that have seen it. What does everyone else think?

2719336412_427b1382b7_b.jpg

I plan on spending a night shooting in this area again soon, I've got an idea for the 2.5 challenge I can catch there, so any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks for looking!! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    I like it too, like you said not technically perfect but the mood is great! I would get rid of the people under the tower.
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    cool, concentrate on better focus and all those things...

heres an idea.....if you plan on staking out a shot you could prepare it somewhat...like groom the sand with a rake and leaf blower....get a scene that does not reflect just any ol' beach........jmho

section it off with do-not cross tape....haha
    Aaron Nelson
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    JavaLover wrote:
    I like it too, like you said not technically perfect but the mood is great! I would get rid of the people under the tower.

Hey!! Look at those folks!! I never even noticed them... I must have been too busy looking at the sea gulls. Thanks for pointing them out, Java!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    cool, concentrate on better focus and all those things...

heres an idea.....if you plan on staking out a shot you could prepare it somewhat...like groom the sand with a rake and leaf blower....get a scene that does not reflect just any ol' beach........jmho

section it off with do-not cross tape....haha

Thanks for the suggestions, Aaron!! I like the idea of prepping the scene first. thumb.gif

I'm not so sure the beach cops would like me sectioning a part of the beach off this time of year, but I just might try in a few months when there aren't so many people trying to watch the sunset!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos