Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Lackawanna NY

eyusufeyusuf Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited August 9, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
a couple of shots from this church. critiques and comments are most welcome.

234966351_Q5ucP-XL-1.jpg

343457102_ekaxz-XL.jpg

344206867_zAbFa-XL.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Beautiful photos and church
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    a couple of shots from this church. critiques and comments are most welcome.

Dear eyusuf, please post larger shots, it's so hard to see detail in such tiny images post up to 800x600 that's a great size for a forum.

I'd really like to see larger versions nod.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • eyusufeyusuf Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Dear eyusuf, please post larger shots, it's so hard to see detail in such tiny images post up to 800x600 that's a great size for a forum.

I'd really like to see larger versions nod.gif .... Skippy :D

larger sizes are up as requested..:)
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    The second in your series is amazing! The sense of space is quite remarkable. From the somewhat intimate space around the shrine to the enormous space that is the vaulted ceiling...wonderful! You chose a lovely subject and executed the shots well. Just curious...do you have any close ups or at least closer ups of the statuary? I'm sure there is a lot of detail in them as well. Nicely done! Dizzy
    edited August 7, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    The second in your series is amazing! The sense of space is quite remarkable. From the somewhat intimate space around the shrine to the enormous space that is the vaulted ceiling...wonderful! You chose a lovely subject and executed the shots well. Just curious...do you have any close ups or at least closer ups of the statuary? I'm sure there is a lot of detail in them as well. Nicely done! Dizzy

thanks. i am somewhat unhappy with this shot because of the (annoying) overexposed lights in the ceiling. i may come back to this church and get a better shot.

the closest i have on the statuary is this
    344216910_W5fuP-L.jpg
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Beautiful!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
    edited August 7, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    thanks. i am somewhat unhappy with this shot because of the (annoying) overexposed lights in the ceiling. i may come back to this church and get a better shot.

the closest i have on the statuary is this

This too is an amazing shot. You have the statues as well as the awesome ceiling, very nicely composed. I think I found the offending light spots...can those be cloned or burned in a bit? If you get a reshoot I'd encourage you to look for shots a bit more intimate. You have the grand down to a science. Thank you for sharing.:D
    Dizzy
    edited August 8, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    If you get a reshoot I'd encourage you to look for shots a bit more intimate. You have the grand down to a science.

i'm not following you there..:D care to elaborate?
    edited August 8, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    i'm not following you there..:D care to elaborate?

By intimate I mean get closer to your subject. Maybe take some shots that just show the face of the Mother Mary or Mary and a couple of angels or something else to bring us closer to the subject. In my attempt to clearify have I muddied the waters even worse?rolleyes1.gifDizzy
    edited August 8, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    By intimate I mean get closer to your subject. Maybe take some shots that just show the face of the Mother Mary or Mary and a couple of angels or something else to bring us closer to the subject. In my attempt to clearify have I muddied the waters even worse?rolleyes1.gifDizzy

understood. next time, i'll bring my 200 2.8 with me. it's very difficult to get "intimate" with 17-50
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    eyusuf wrote:
    larger sizes are up as requested..:)

Hey now these look much better Eyusuf clap.gif

That's quite a Church eek7.gif the inside has some beautiful architecture.
    Is the outside interesting as well?

These are really lovely shots Eyusuf you did well to capture quite a lot of the detail in the stained windows too, not easy to do.

Nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin