I call it Opposites!

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited August 7, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Well, I used my Whipping Post post of the week just last night, so this'll have to go here! But feel free to whip it anyway... I'm thinking about having this printed as large as it can be so any little nitpicks will help!!

2739319514_9c56c24acf_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!! :D
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Looks cool but what is it ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Looks cool but what is it ?

Thanks Awais. It's a close up of two columns on the front of a building nearby here in Balboa Park, San Diego.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Very nice! I'm always amazed that we can get something hard to look organic.:D I've found headstones similar to the column with the garland. You have a good balance in your greyscale, nice blacks. There is also great interest in the different shapes that are present. The only thing I really saw that you may want to tweak, (this may seem minor but you did say nit pickrolleyes1.gif ), there is a spot under the garland as it starts to wind around the column that you may want to clone out. I realize that it is probably an imperfection in the material but when I first looked at it I thought it may have been bird poo. I know because of the placement it wasnt' but it is lighter to everything else in the shot and a distraction.

Nicely done, I can definately see this huge! Dizzy
    edited August 7, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    Very nice! I'm always amazed that we can get something hard to look organic.:D I've found headstones similar to the column with the garland. You have a good balance in your greyscale, nice blacks. There is also great interest in the different shapes that are present. The only thing I really saw that you may want to tweak, (this may seem minor but you did say nit pickrolleyes1.gif ), there is a spot under the garland as it starts to wind around the column that you may want to clone out. I realize that it is probably an imperfection in the material but when I first looked at it I thought it may have been bird poo. I know because of the placement it wasnt' but it is lighter to everything else in the shot and a distraction.

Nicely done, I can definately see this huge! Dizzy

Thanks Dizzy!!
    I'll definitely take care of that spot before I send it to get printed!! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Thanks Dizzy!!
    I'll definitely take care of that spot before I send it to get printed!! thumb.gif

Happy to help. Soooo how big where you thinking? Poster size or larger? D
    edited August 7, 2008
    Dizzy wrote:
    Happy to help. Soooo how big where you thinking? Poster size or larger? D

I haven't quite figured that part out just yet, Dizzy!

I haven't had the time to figure out what the resolution will allow me to reasonably print yet or what the cost/cost of frame will run me... But I'm thinking in the area of poster sized... might need to recrop for that, I think it's cropped to 8x10 at the moment, but that's just because 8x10 is the max my printer will do!

Close to poster sized with a nice mat around it sounds good at the moment! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos