senior photo question (no pics)

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited August 6, 2008 in People
For those doing senior photos...

Have you had a request for a yearbook photo that looked like this?

Background of choice (except no white backgrounds)
no hands or props
1 1/2" x 2" picture size
1" head size (must be exactly one inch from top of hair to chin)
color only

I'm guessing that if I do a simple outdoor headshot that I should be able to crop and size the pic to meet the requirements? Any thing that I need to consider beforehand? Thanks!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    For those doing senior photos...

Have you had a request for a yearbook photo that looked like this?

Background of choice (except no white backgrounds)
    no hands or props
    1 1/2" x 2" picture size
    1" head size (must be exactly one inch from top of hair to chin)
    color only

I'm guessing that if I do a simple outdoor headshot that I should be able to crop and size the pic to meet the requirements? Any thing that I need to consider beforehand? Thanks!

I have never had this request but it makes perfect sense that they would want all the yearbook photos to be consistant....which is why our school uses a photographer under contract to take ALL of the yearbook photos for seniors and underclassmen. I agree you should be able to crop right if you loosely crop in camera. That crop is nearly square.....leave plenty of room.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I have never had this request but it makes perfect sense that they would want all the yearbook photos to be consistant....which is why our school uses a photographer under contract to take ALL of the yearbook photos for seniors and underclassmen. I agree you should be able to crop right if you loosely crop in camera. That crop is nearly square.....leave plenty of room.

Thanks, Jeff. I guess this school probably gives seniors the choice to bring in their own yearbook photo or they just use the standard school picture. Anyway, this family at my church has requested I do the yearbook headshot for their son next week and then his senior portraits next spring. The mom wants them done as close to graduation as possible, as she feels he may continue to change this year. The mom is very enthusiastic about my photos and regularly looks at my site, which is very nice, so I'm trying to draw on her apparent confidence in my abilities! eek7.gifD
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography