What happend to the naked man, the hedgehog and the ring of fire?...

pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited August 15, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I have some sad news; first the hedgehog ran away and was last seen in the local woods staring passionately into the eyes of our old yard brush (we always suspected he was short sighted!).

Secondly the naked man is in hospital undergoing some very delicate surgery after playing with the rings of fire! Some guys just never learn...

So I was left with a bottle of wine and some glasses and, of course, my trusty camera, so I thought I'd better put them all to good use for this competition.

So, after listening to what you had all previously said about how boring and meaningless my images were, I decided to repeat myself :D

The obvious question is, are any of these images below any less boring and more meaningful than my current image?

Image 1 - Tipsy
346433591_iqjFB-800x800.jpg

Image 2 - Think before you drink
346439150_yVaZL-800x800.jpg

Image 3 - Drunk driving costs lives
346619772_R6TWc-800x800.jpg

Many thanks again for your time taken to empathize with my situation and let me know which image you prefer:lust

Cheers/Peter
"Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
My images | My blog | My free course

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Apols for my lack of clarity in previous post as what I was talking about was to rotate the real life setup - and then fill the glass - thus keeping the level horizontal.

Whether this would be better than this No 1 (or current image) I don't know (would prob depend on angle, crop area/shape and fill level ... otherwise could be a large area of white space top left corner. (staying with portrait mode and a small(ish) angle might help?)

Personally, fwiw, I still prefer the clean lines of this approach to the other 2 images.

pp
  • VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    I like the others in your last thread better. :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    These are OK. But your current entry is much more dynamic. I like its clean lines and red hue.

Pity about the naked man. That's what he gets for playing around with that ring of fire! mwink.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    #3, makeit all bw, leave the red.deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    I love these shots:

Here are my thoughts:

Love the framing capture on #1 very cool and the red is beautiful, but due to the angle perhaps the wine should be flowing in that angle also, so that it doesn't look like you just flipped or rotated the image? Also the rim of the glass which would give it that perk has disappeared? I would clean up the smudged areas on the red. Very cool shot, could almost be a product shot!

Really like number two, but in my mind's eye, that image would even be more striking had you captured a "drop" of the red wine in a more defined stop action setting almost between bottle rim and splat on the table.

Number 3 is cool also, but I find that the splat has no definition, if a drop falls into something does it not create a sort of "ripple" effect?? Just a thought? I was wondering about what Nik stated, Desaturation of all of the photo except for the red wine on the table...I bet that would look cool.

Numbers 2 and 3 remind me of "Good To The Last Drop"

Anyways Pemmett, hope I have not offended. Good Luck to you in whichever you choose

Peace
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Thanks to all for you feedback. I've got some playing around to do over the next few days :-)

Firstly. Sorry if I made any of you worried with my above post. I was being sarcastic (being British means it is second nature for me) and was not at all offended by anyone's comments.

Secondly. I would like to see is the first image could go somewhere. The top shot was called "tipsy" because I was looking at the glass from a drunk persons perspective hence the drink is not slanted just the view. Obviously this did not work, what if the title was more like "Had too much to drink!"

Thanks again for all your time.

Cheers/Peter
    edited August 7, 2008
    Here's two different versions on image 2 in Black and white. Do they work?

Cheers/Peter

347282075_XbeNV-800x800.jpg

347282631_m3NrA-800x800.jpg
    edited August 7, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Here's two different versions on image 2 in Black and white. Do they work?
    #1, glad you like the suggested treament idea.mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I'm rather torn on a possible title though. ne_nau.gif
    edited August 7, 2008
    #1... clap.gif wondering if it would look even better without the red color in the glass? headscratch.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    I'm Torn...I like both the treatments you gave them....

Just like a female eh...when it comes to decisions rolleyes1.gif

I still like the "Good To The Last Drop"...lol
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited August 8, 2008
    Does this one work? Thanks for the ideas Nik and Heidi. I like the title "Good to the last drop..." Thanks Tentacion.
    edited August 8, 2008
    Now I'm torn between that first one(in the first thread) and this one. lol3.gif

Both are great images, IMO. thumb.gif
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    I think this last one has something extra that the others don't.

This one draws me in more and keeps me looking longer. The underlying message has shifted away from "this is a bit of color" to "here is a story" and the color is absolutely part of the story and integral to the message. A big improvement as far as my opinion (not worth much) goes.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited August 8, 2008
    I think this last one has something extra that the others don't.

This one draws me in more and keeps me looking longer. The underlying message has shifted away from "this is a bit of color" to "here is a story" and the color is absolutely part of the story and integral to the message. A big improvement as far as my opinion (not worth much) goes.

Regards,

Peter

15524779-Ti.gif:D
    edited August 8, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Does this one work? Thanks for the ideas Nik and Heidi. I like the title "Good to the last drop..." Thanks Tentacion.
    Simply "Last drop" has more possible meanings and as such has more impact, IMHO. Again, less is more.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Simply "Last drop" has more possible meanings and as such has more impact, IMHO. Again, less is more.

YUP!!! Ahhhh agreeeees. (hic)
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited August 8, 2008
    Thanks everyone for their feedback. I've posted the image and changed the title and now I'm off for 3 days camera and internet less:cry I've been told it's quite painless...but we'll seemwink.gif
    edited August 9, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Thanks everyone for their feedback. I've posted the image and changed the title and now I'm off for 3 days camera and internet less:cry I've been told it's quite painless...but we'll seemwink.gif

Have a good weeked, Peter. Hope the withdrawal symptoms aren't too bad. rolleyes1.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    :D Love the shots. Way nice. Netless, painless? Good luck with that. mwink.gif
    Michael