grand canyon III only reworked shots

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited August 8, 2008 in Landscapes
ok i worked on some of the higher voted shots from grand canyon II and wanted your input as to if its better, worse, or just different.
suggestions would be great...the last volly of comments was great.
thanks again,
so be honest even if you think i need to start over on them. no hard feelings...i just want the best images possible with the variables of my conditions.

last posted shot then revised.
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    I soo want to comment but need to wait until I get home and can view on a good monitor.

Be prepared! rolleyes1.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Aaron, I'm no expert (I just have a little time to kill before lunch so I'll go) but I really like the changes to the first two!! thumb.gif

Especially the first one... lightening the valley and bringing out the details in there has made a world of difference! And I think you picked the perfect amount too... any lighter and it would have conflicted with the rocks in the foreground.... looks like you cropped just a bit off the top, and that works, the cloud at the edge is distracting in the first...

Second one, great job bringing those rocks to life in teh foreground!! It was a good shot before, now its an excellent shot!! (At least in my eyes, remember, not an expert here!! rolleyes1.gif )

Third one... I liked the originally posted one better... The colors reflected in the puddles looks too unnatural and faked in this one. Plus the two smaller puddle on the left are blown out now... taking away from the overall gradient of colors you had working through the puddles...

Hope any of that helps!! Time to eat some lunch!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Aaron-

1st one- I like it better now. Hmm... where did that advice come from headscratch.gif

2nd- the 1st version now looks a bit flat compared to the re-worked one but the re-worked one just seems a tad overdone. Can you split the difference- get a little more of the pop with maybe just a little less saturation??

3rd- I like the first version much more for the same reasons CWSkopec mentioned.

thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    thanks guys, i have to agree, thanks for the comments!

thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    You removed them??? I think keeping them up here can be immensely educational for people looking in.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif Whoops sorry I guess I checked too fast! :D

I can edit your first post to move these images there. Stby...
  • snowalkersnowalker Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Different view
    You are using a different kind of view of Grand Canyon. Realy enjoy it! :)