Me chasing rust and bricks =)

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited August 8, 2008 in People
My cousin got this one on me when we had a photosession in the old industrial parts of my town.

I like this one..Maby because that sweet 70-200 f/4 IS or that it´s my ugly face in it :d haha

Stay tuned for the results of this session in a few days or so.

347130111_dXfrr-XL.jpg

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    Can't wait to see what you got, Arvan!!

And yes that IS a sweet lens. What are you using it on?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Can't wait to see what you got, Arvan!!

And yes that IS a sweet lens. What are you using it on?

Neil

Hello Neil =)

I am struggeling my way to better pictures with an old 20d..I like the camera..but i think it overexposures 1/3 - 1/2 stop..Nothing you can´t compensate for but still.
  • crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2008
    overexposures 1/3 - 1/2 stop..

Really? I wish my 30D was like that. I feel mine underexposes way too much by 1/3 to 2/3. I feel like I spend way too much time in the EC +1/3 to +2/3 land.

I could care less that it isn't perfect. I'm getting closer and closer to the camera being an extension of my hand and I'm getting very good at predicting what it will pick while I'm in Av mode, so I'm very fast at dialing in some EC before I shoot. The 30D it pretty consistent in it's choices and that is what counts, consistency.

But underexposing the majority of the time makes the camera slower as a whole. I can't tell you how many times I'll meter and say "Oh perfect, just enough light to shoot hand held...then look up and realize I'm going to need +2/3 EC. Aaaaargh....making the shutter too slow."

I just wish Canon would program them to error on the "overexposing" side. But it makes sense that they tip their hand to underexpose side because it protects against blown highlights.

Consider yourself lucky you got one that does the opposite. If I had one that overexposed the majority of the time I would always default to -2/3 EC and then shoot from there.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    Yeah, re your 20D overexposing, I was thinking the same as crockett. thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix