Options

37 - Egretfest?

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited April 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
20320309-M.jpg

Sorry, I picked these up at the post office and couldn't resist... *Not* a serious challenge entry! :):

Chris
Chris

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    Is that real ??? ne_nau.gifscratch :D
    The bird gets a stamp, and they won't let me get a decent BIF umph.gif. Theres just no justice left :cry lol3.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    And why doesn't this qualify for the contest? headscratch.gif I kinda like it and it meets the subject criteria. Too "easy"? Anyhow, I enjoyed seeing it! Thanks for posting it. :D

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    And why doesn't this qualify for the contest? headscratch.gif I kinda like it and it meets the subject criteria. Too "easy"? Anyhow, I enjoyed seeing it! Thanks for posting it. :D

Virginia
    I think it qualifies (definitely a repeating pattern), but I think it would be blown away by other entries. I just thought it was fun!

bjfr, It is real! The only modification I made was to remove the thin strip in the middle which says "Peel here to fold" and "c 2003".

Chris
    Chris
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    95Mcaj wrote:
    I think it qualifies (definitely a repeating pattern), but I think it would be blown away by other entries. I just thought it was fun!

bjfr, It is real! The only modification I made was to remove the thin strip in the middle which says "Peel here to fold" and "c 2003".

Chris
    Yeah. mwink.gif I assumed it was real. I've bought stamps on sheets too. Even if you are probably right about the competition, I really like it. :D Va.

Email
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    I love them. So far, I have entries, but everything would get blown away. At least what I have.

I got alot of other stuff, though, while trying for this contest. And you got stamps. I will have to try to get some of those.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    I saw a great photo in a photo mag, would probably win the contest, I wonder if I took a photo of the photo................probably not.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Yeah. mwink.gif I assumed it was real. I've bought stamps on sheets too. Even if you are probably right about the competition, I really like it. :D Va.
    Thanks! :): I did put some effort into making it look presentable, though the vertical lines aren't as straight as I'd like.
    Chris
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I saw a great photo in a photo mag, would probably win the contest, I wonder if I took a photo of the photo................probably not.

g
    Exactly! That's kind of how I feel, like I'm "taking" someone else's art... though I guess their art is only a single picture, not the sheet.

Chris
    Chris
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    20320309-M.jpg

Now you gotta post this on the Nature board and tell Harry you got him beat, he'll never get this many egrets in the same shot!

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur