Options

Comments: Selling old film gear to KEH?

robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
edited April 25, 2005 in Flea Market
Hi,

I'm debating about selling my film gear to the popular used camera warehouse KEH. I checked out eBay and other sites and looks like their prices are pretty close to the market value and could even get an additional 10% value with a coupon.

Here's the break down of what I'm trading in.

Canon EOS3 w/ PB-E2 (not including rechargable battery or charger) in excellent condition.

Canon A2E (cracked body) in good condition except for the little crack.

Canon 100-300mm f/5.6 lens in excellent condition.

Canon 28-105mm f/5.6 lens in excellent conditon.

Canon 380EX speedlight in excellent condition.

For everything listed KEH gave me an on-line quote of $650~675. The actual price will be made after the techs inspect the cameras and lens to confirm they are working to standard.

Now I'm going to use the money for a new DSLR but wonder if it's worth the time and effort to sell the gear on eBay? It looks like the film bodies are really not selling as good as before and the prices are just dropping. I also bought the EOS 3 and the 100-300mm lens from KEH used so it's not a huge loss in money.

Any suggestions and/or comments are always welcome.

Thanks,
Rob
Enjoying photography since 1980.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    take the money and run - no hassles deal.gif
  • Options
    robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    andy wrote:
    take the money and run - no hassles deal.gif
    True! I just re-read the ad and it's actually 10% additional value on trade in's with a purchase of a new/used camera. Once I find out if they are a Canon authroized dealer I'll send my gear in for the 20D and send out the rebate.

:)

Thanks,
    Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 25, 2005
    This is just second hand knowledge, but Winger has bought and and sold with them a number of times. She never had anything bad to say.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]