Options

SOLD: Fake Sandisk Extreme IV 4GB CF Card

rcheli1rcheli1 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited August 12, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
I won this Fake Sandisk 4 GB Extreme IV CF memory card at a charity auction and when I used it after formatting it in my D200 and and using it I noticed that when I shot continious it took longer to write to the CF card. I did an informal test against one of my Extreme III 4 GB CF cards and it is less than 1/3 as fast. Since it was a charity I'm not going to ask them to do anything about it. All the packaging and documentation looks authentic. I checked EBAY's site where they point out common signs of fake cards and this one does not show any signs of fakery. I know it's a longshot but maybe someone out there has a non-speed sensitive use for it. $15 plus shipping/paypal will get it headed your way. I might even consider lowball offers:-)
Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Options
    rcheli1rcheli1 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    SOLD
    rcheli1 wrote:
    I won this Fake Sandisk 4 GB Extreme IV CF memory card at a charity auction and when I used it after formatting it in my D200 and and using it I noticed that when I shot continious it took longer to write to the CF card. I did an informal test against one of my Extreme III 4 GB CF cards and it is less than 1/3 as fast. Since it was a charity I'm not going to ask them to do anything about it. All the packaging and documentation looks authentic. I checked EBAY's site where they point out common signs of fake cards and this one does not show any signs of fakery. I know it's a longshot but maybe someone out there has a non-speed sensitive use for it. $15 plus shipping/paypal will get it headed your way. I might even consider lowball offers:-)
    Thanks, Jim