Old Growth..

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited August 10, 2008 in Landscapes
These are photos from either Mount Rainier National Park or from the Mount Baker vicinity..

347760603_EW9Tp-L.jpg

347761021_BZWQK-L.jpg

347762088_pEL5B-XL.jpg

347762822_EdYKe-L.jpg

347766356_ZjCts-L.jpg

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2008
    scole wrote:
    These are photos from either Mount Rainier National Park or from the Mount Baker vicinity..

I think the last two would be helped a lot with Marc's quick and beautiful or setting the black and white points and then putting an s curve on the RGB panel. The last one has a bit of blue cast (at least it looks that way on my unprofiled monitor). The greens could realy pop in the last two with a bump in contrast.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    I think the last two would be helped a lot with Marc's quick and beautiful or setting the black and white points and then putting an s curve on the RGB panel. The last one has a bit of blue cast (at least it looks that way on my unprofiled monitor). The greens could realy pop in the last two with a bump in contrast.
    -Philip

I assume you're referring to something Marc Muench has described but I'm not familiar with it. Do you have a link you can share?
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    scole wrote:
    I assume you're referring to something Marc Muench has described but I'm not familiar with it. Do you have a link you can share?
    Yes I mean Marc Muench. Sorry about that I should have put a link.
    Here is Marc's tutorial on his quick and beautiful.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    The first could have a little bit more of the path in it, but I like the colours and the shade patterns :D

The third.. WOW! Straight out of a fantasy story clap.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • DucCatDucCat Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    I vote for 3, as well :D
    Find what you love... Love what you find
    edited August 9, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    The first could have a little bit more of the path in it, but I like the colours and the shade patterns :D

The third.. WOW! Straight out of a fantasy story clap.gif

I did take a wider shot-

348112197_JiD9t-L.jpg

I was originally concerned that #3 was a little TOO green but I recently printed it and matted/framed it at 16x20 and I was WOW'd as well!
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    I agree with #3. Absolutely stunning color and light. And to my eye (monitor?) the last two also seem to have a blue cast.
    edited August 9, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I agree with #3. Absolutely stunning color and light. And to my eye (monitor?) the last two also seem to have a blue cast.

That's interesting. I'll admit that my laptop isn't color calibrated but I don't see a blue cast to the pictures. When I print, I print without color correction and what I get matches what I see onscreen.

Hmmm....
  • f64f64 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    Nice work. I really like this third one. My eye just wanted to see it snap a little more. Just my opinion. ......all it needs now is a unicorn galloping through it. :)

347762088_pEL5B-XL.jpg
    Canon XSI, XT, F1, A1,
    Mamiya 645 Super
    4x5 Calumet
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2008
    f64 wrote:
    Nice work. I really like this third one. My eye just wanted to see it snap a little more. Just my opinion. ......all it needs now is a unicorn galloping through it. :)

rolleyes1.gif

I think you're right! I knew it was missing something equine and shimmery.

I think this is a great set, however. I love the green-green-green and the dappled sunlight is just gorgeous.
    edited August 10, 2008
    I used the Quick and Beautiful technique on one of the photos suggested and here is the result:

348551405_iaUEt-L.jpg

I do like this version better. I added the duplicate layer as an overlay and used a 50 or 60% opacity. Thanks for pointing me towards that technique! thumb.gif