Sunset over Lake Washington

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited August 12, 2008 in Landscapes
I was dead tired after shooting at dawn and then working all day a few days ago, but it looked like there was potential for a good sunset, so I drove 10 minutes away and these were my two favorites. (Incidentally, I forgot to set my alarm and showed up to work at 11 AM the next day, fortunately, they expect that kind of primadonna behavior from software developers...).

346860364_GuebB-L.jpg

346858711_EAEC6-L.jpg

Comments

• davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    These are nice postcard shots. That is not a negative comment BTW. It means that they are probably commercially salable pictures. Sunsets are nature's way of telling us that some things are not well captured except in our memories.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Thoughtful compositions. Nice color.
    Looks like you got em both from the same location.
    Michael
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    These are nice postcard shots. That is not a negative comment BTW. It means that they are probably commercially salable pictures. Sunsets are nature's way of telling us that some things are not well captured except in our memories.

Thanks David, I agree, I don't think there's anything spectacularly original about them, but I think they're evocative of summer and just chilling out by the lake.