A Few Sunflowers

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 10, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I shot these last week at a nearby park. For some reason, I usually find myself out shooting in midday (:dunno ), but these were taken about 0830. I ended up with 100 shots of sunflowers from every angle, but I tried to pick a couple that might work. Any comment/suggestions? Brutality is fine--I want to get better!

Thanks, Lauren

#1 - A little crop and a few tweaks - a funky histogram
348561302_XFgYP-L.jpg

#2 - A wide crop and a few more tweaks
348564765_ghs4n-L.jpg

#3 - A different view and no edits
348570076_D8hU3-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    Beautiful.iloveyou.gif I planted a bunch and 2..two.... came up where I started them.
    Sometimes I have better luck if I just toss them on the ground...and I think Mr. Chipmunk might have had something to do with them being moved.:D Little rascal.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I shot these last week at a nearby park. For some reason, I usually find myself out shooting in midday (ne_nau.gif ), but these were taken about 0830. I ended up with 100 shots of sunflowers from every angle, but I tried to pick a couple that might work. Any comment/suggestions? Brutality is fine--I want to get better!

Thanks, Lauren

#1 - A little crop and a few tweaks - a funky histogram
    #2 - A wide crop and a few more tweaks
    #3 - A different view and no edits

Hi Lauren,

You need to steer away from centering your work ... now where have I heard this before headscratch.gif ( this was often said about my work too nod.gif )

It's a very hard habit to break.

The First shot you could easily do again, a single sunflower, lovely blue sky behind it, and "think outside the centre"

Same with the last shot, you have good subjects, composition is important, and it will come with time.......you are on the right path Lauren clap.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin