First Post - Speckled Bush Cricket

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited August 14, 2008 in Holy Macro
My first post on the forums but I thought these may be worth it.

I was pruning the roses in my garden this afternoon when I caught sight of this beastie out of the corner of my eye. It took me a while to find him/her again after I got the camera (no DSLR but a DImage Z3).

The 1st shot is how I saw him and then the others are the macros that worked. These were shot with natural light and its pretty windy here today so every thing was moving quite a bit.

348750484_YrNah-M.jpg

348753318_PbqaK-L.jpg

348749268_kJWCj-L.jpg

Some searching on the net gave me the id.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Peter
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited August 10, 2008
    WELCOME to the forum Peter.
    good shots. nice.
    try to not put the subject in the middle of the frame[very hard not to do] leave space for the bug to look into. ie on left of your bottem 2 shots.
    keep posting
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    Lovely captures and welcome to the forum :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    AndMan wrote:
    My first post on the forums but I thought these may be worth it.

I was pruning the roses in my garden this afternoon when I caught sight of this beastie out of the corner of my eye. It took me a while to find him/her again after I got the camera (no DSLR but a DImage Z3).

The 1st shot is how I saw him and then the others are the macros that worked. These were shot with natural light and its pretty windy here today so every thing was moving quite a bit.

Some searching on the net gave me the id.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Peter

Hi Peter and Welcome to the Dgrin Forum clap.gif
    Not that I'm a Butt person, but that is quite an interesting Butt that Bug has nod.gif

Your images look pretty sharp, I see Phil's already given you some good advice on centering.

Hope you enjoy the Forum, and don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help from folks on the forum will you thumb.gif

Thanks for posting .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    WELCOME to the forum Peter.
    good shots. nice.
    try to not put the subject in the middle of the frame[very hard not to do] leave space for the bug to look into. ie on left of your bottem 2 shots.
    keep posting
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Thanks Phil, I was trying to avoid the middle of the frame & had a couple where the framing was better, unfortunately 1/30 and a stiff breeze meant they were too blurred to be keepers.
    Peter
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    edited August 14, 2008
    Lovely captures and welcome to the forum :)
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian.

Peter
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited August 14, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Peter and Welcome to the Dgrin Forum clap.gif
    Not that I'm a Butt person, but that is quite an interesting Butt that Bug has nod.gif

Your images look pretty sharp, I see Phil's already given you some good advice on centering.

Hope you enjoy the Forum, and don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help from folks on the forum will you thumb.gif

Thanks for posting .... Skippy :D

Hi Skippy

I did try for a head shot 'but' this little guy seemed quite shy and gave me the bums rush.

Peter
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page