Options

How do I delete/change Gallery Quick Settings?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited August 30, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am trying to use the Quick Settings in Customize Gallery but have a problem. Under Use an existing Quick Setting, I presently have 4 settings listed, 2 or which say Smugmug Default. I am unable to save another setting or delete any of the existing settings. Please advise. Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    I am trying to use the Quick Settings in Customize Gallery but have a problem. Under Use an existing Quick Setting, I presently have 4 settings listed, 2 or which say Smugmug Default. I am unable to save another setting or delete any of the existing settings. Please advise. Thanks.

How to delete an existing quick setting is one of Smugmug's best kept secrets as it's next to impossible to discover by yourself. I didn't know you even could delete a quick setting until I complained that there was no way to do it. Here's how you delete one:
    • Go to the customize gallery screen for any gallery.
    • In the quick settings drop-down near the top of the screen, pick the quick setting you'd like to delete.
    • When you pick it, a delete button will magically appear. Press that delete button.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    How to delete an existing quick setting is one of Smugmug's best kept secrets as it's next to impossible to discover by yourself. I didn't know you even could delete a quick setting until I complained that there was no way to do it. Here's how you delete one:
    • Go to the customize gallery screen for any gallery.
    • In the quick settings drop-down near the top of the screen, pick the quick setting you'd like to delete.
    • When you pick it, a delete button will magically appear. Press that delete button.
    Thanks. I had just figured the "delete" button out a few minutes ago. Guess I just overlooked it.

But I still can't add a new setting. After saving, I do not see the new setting when I try to use it on another gallery? Any help here?
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Thanks. I had just figured the "delete" button out a few minutes ago. Guess I just overlooked it.

But I still can't add a new setting. After saving, I do not see the new setting when I try to use it on another gallery? Any help here?
    bump
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    encosionencosion Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    I had the same problem in not being able to create a new 'quick setting'... Turns out that there was an apostrophe (') in the password hint field... I removed that and it's working again... A bit of a hack - forcing me to use bad English - but I'll live! Try it...
    Canon EOS 500D (Kiss X3)
    85mm f/1.8, 17-50 + 28-75m
    f/2.8 lenses
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.7
    http://encosion.com/ | http://encosion.smugmug.com/