Still too centered? (L@@K Skippy)

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 11, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Skippy keeps reminding me to move off center. I also shot these at sunset, instead of my usual midday routine. What a difference a few hours makes with the light! :rofl Any thoughts?

Lauren

#1 - "Poles and Wires"
349349172_2t6oh-M.jpg

#2 - "Telephone Wires at Sunset", aka "More Poles and Wires"
349351537_c3ZVs-L-2.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Skippy keeps reminding me to move off center. I also shot these at sunset, instead of my usual midday routine. What a difference a few hours makes with the light! rolleyes1.gif Any thoughts?

Lauren

#1 - "Poles and Wires"

#2 - "Telephone Wires at Sunset", aka "More Poles and Wires"

Ohhhhh boy, oh boy if I could count how many times I had that said to me you'd laugh, you know Lauren I still have a problem with centering at times rolleyes1.gif eventually the message gets through, and you can see that an image does look better if it is not centered.

Now don't get me wrong, some images look fine centered, but quite often there is room for far better composition if you just take your time.

Looks look Great, I really like the Telephone Wire shot clap.gif

..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    I was taught to reserve the center of the photo for something very special...

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    Dave,
    I like that tip about using the center for something special. I did a better job at all of this with my old 35mm--when I was trying to save film. :D I think the digital delete button has made me pay less attention to my shot.

Skippy,
    The telephone line shot is one of my favorites so far. Does the wire in the lower left detract or is it ok? I have some others of this scene with different sky colors--might post another later and see what you think.

Thanks to you both-
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com