DSS Mega 1 Musings

2»

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    There's nothing quite like walking into Home Depot and grabbing one of the salespeople to help you brainstorm how to connect Item A to Item B...then follow them around as they seek the opinions of other associates and debate the various solutions. lol3.gif I sometimes feel like MacGyver with this hobby.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Hey, rigging stuff is what it's all about, eh?

So how are you Mega-Challenge players feeling about your theme, eh? Toughie? Exciting? Intriguing? Do you really think the only way to pull this one off is by capturing a cyclone hovering over a volcano erupting with a Tsunami looming in the distance, or could something much more subtle be equally effective and moving?
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    G'sqd

love the theme...

i just hope i select the right one of the two i have for it...

one landscape...one PJ

one straight forward in theme, one very deep and layered....

now can you tell me are you a landscape lover or a PJ lover...huh?mwink.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 15, 2008
    I finally just got around to reading this thread. You all crack me up!rolleyes1.gif Alaska has lots and lots of 'elements' including an active volcano or two. I have been working all day on this theme... but mine might just suprize you all! No...there are no naked hedgehogs in it...mwink.gif

Good luck everyone!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    It's all about "Calcium" or perhaps pb rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    G'sqd

now can you tell me are you a landscape lover or a PJ lover...huh?mwink.gif

I was going to joke around and say I was particularly fond of puppy and kitten shots and I'd like to see how you made that one work with the theme...but then I thought someone may actually try it. eek7.gif
    Emily

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    I was going to joke around and say I was particularly fond of puppy and kitten shots and I'd like to see how you made that one work with the theme...but then I thought someone may actually try it. eek7.gif

Man!!! I wish I had known...back to the drawing board! My "Raining Cats and Dogs" photo probably won't work now. Oh well...my dog and my neighbor's cat will be glad to know they won't be thrown off the roof again. They didn't like it very much (NOTE TO PITA: Just Kidding!)
    edited August 16, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    My "Raining Cats and Dogs" photo probably won't work now.

Except now I really want to see a picture of this, because it looks awesome in my head. lol3.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Man!!! I wish I had known...back to the drawing board! My "Raining Cats and Dogs" photo probably won't work now. Oh well...my dog and my neighbor's cat will be glad to know they won't be thrown off the roof again. They didn't like it very much (NOTE TO PITA: Just Kidding!)

:lol4 I hadn't even thought about that one!
    Emily

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Except now I really want to see a picture of this, because it looks awesome in my head. lol3.gif

+1 thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 16, 2008
    +1 thumb.gif

Ya'll are sick!
    Emily

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    +0x10!rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 16, 2008
    Ya'll are sick!
    Creativity does that to you. :giggle

It wouldn't require tossing cats and dogs into the air, as this thread demonstrates. Plenty of ways to make them look airborne without, you know, actually throwing them from the tops of buildings. mwink.gif

This is now officially distracting me from planning my actual concept. Clever ploy, shatch! Very clever. deal.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    It wouldn't require tossing cats and dogs into the air, as this thread demonstrates. Plenty of ways to make them look airborne without, you know, actually throwing them from the tops of buildings. mwink.gif
    Nah, wrong angle. You MUST throw them to get a variety deal.gifmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Creativity does that to you. :giggle

This is now officially distracting me from planning my actual concept. Clever ploy, shatch! Very clever. deal.gif

I have a mini-schauz....

That's funny right there.....don't care who ya are!
    edited August 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I have a mini-schauz....

That's funny right there.....don't care who ya are!

...my entry is posted...I accounted for every pixel...my head is still spinning from spending over half my day on it....maybe I should go outside and chase throw toys?
    edited August 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    ...my entry is posted...I accounted for every pixel...my head is still spinning from spending over half my day on it....maybe I should go outside and chase throw toys?
    Very cool, Jeff, great entry! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Very cool, Jeff, great entry! thumb.gifbowdown.gif

Thanks Nik....if you look close...at 100%....you can see Alaskan volcanoes, cats , dogs, and a pair of cobalt blue "yuri" eyes...rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Clever! thumb.gif Really nice lighting.

I think you should now help me convine Nik to combine the male model idea presented earlier with this new idea of raining objects. Yeah, I wanna see "It's Raining Men" now. lol3.gif C'mon, Nik!
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks Nik....if you look close...at 100%....you can see Alaskan volcanoes, cats , dogs, and a pair of cobalt blue "yuri" eyes...rolleyes1.gif

I really like the hedgehog hiding in the bottom left corner - very creative...
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course